Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 12 November 2021 | They Invited Him To Their Home!
Welcome to Today’s Daily Guide of the Scripture Union for Friday 12th November 2021, written to inspire and bless you. God bless you as you study! Kindly share with other people.
SU DAILY GUIDE DEVOTIONAL FOR 12 NOVEMBER 2021
TOPIC: THEY INVITED HIM TO THEIR HOME!
OPENING PRAYER: Sanctify my life dear Lord as I study your word in Jesus name.
SCRIPTURE: Acts 18:18-28
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 12 November 2021 | Today’s Guide
Paul continued to crisscross the mission field seizing every opportunity, however little, to share the Good News with all. His vow (v.18) may be a way of thanking God for His interventions in his life and the various deliverances he had experienced, or it may be a temporary Nazirite vow. Whatever, he ensured to keep his vow and so must we. Notice what he did as usual in v. 19, 23. Priscila and Aquilla must be well versed in Scriptures to so readily identify the flaws in Apollos’ knowledge and teaching. His boldness, ‘accuracy’ and knowledge of the Scriptures did not overwhelm them.
They opened their home to him and helped him, maybe over a cup of tea, to see the area where he was lacking. Thank God also for Apollos’ humble and teachable spirit. We all need both virtues. Did you notice the reordering of the couple’s name in v.18 (cf. v.2, 26, see also Romans 16:3; 2 Timothy 4:19). This may be an indication that Priscilla played more prominent role in the church than her husband. Paul never underrated the contribution of women (Romans 16:1; Philippians 4:2-3), neither should we.
• So what? Is your home a conducive place for mentoring younger Christians?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for grace to be fully committed to thorough discipleship.
• Pray that God will protect Christians against hostile governments
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• 1 Chron. 4-6; Luke 1:1-20
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 12 November 2021 | They Invited Him To Their Home!
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 11th November 2021 | The ‘Old Man’s Is Dead
- Catholic Daily Mass Readings 11ty November 2021 | Thursday Mass
- RCCG Sunday School Teens Student Manual 14th November 2021 – Ls. 11