UCB Word For Today 14 September 2022 || When You’re Disappointed
Welcome to UCB Word For Today, United Christian Broadcasters, Wednesday 14 September 2022. God bless and prosper you as you study His Word!
UCB WORD FOR TODAY 14TH SEPTEMBER 2022, WEDNESDAY
TOPIC: WHEN YOU’RE DISAPPOINTED
SCRIPTURE: ‘I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you. – Psalm 42:6 NLT
Max Lucado says: ‘When God doesn’t do what we want it’s not easy; it never has been, and it never will be. Faith is the conviction that God knows more than us…and he’ll get us through. Disappointment is caused by unmet expectations…and it’s cured by revamped expectations…Don’t panic…don’t give up…be patient…God’s in control. It ain’t over till it’s over.’
So, when you’re disappointed:
1) Look inward. David asked, ‘Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad?’ (v. 5 NLT). Admit how you feel. You can’t deal with what you don’t acknowledge. Ask God to show you the root of the problem. Is it pent-up anger? Envy? Unforgiveness? Pride? Lust? Physical and mental fatigue? Be open to what He reveals.
2) Look upward. David said, ‘I will put my hope in God! I will praise him’ (v. 5 NLT). Instead of focusing on your discouragement, focus on the One who knows the way out.
3) Remember God’s past faithfulness. David said, ‘I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you.’ Through every trial Joseph clung to the assurance that God still controlled his destiny. Recalling God’s faithfulness builds your confidence that He’ll continue to provide.
4) Remember, you don’t have to understand. Just because you can’t figure out what God’s doing right now, doesn’t mean it won’t make sense later. He ‘causes all things to work together for good to those who love [Him]’ (Romans 8:28 NASB). 5) Don’t give in to bitterness. When your hopes are dashed, resentment can set in. ‘If God is for us, who can be against us?’ (v. 31 NKJV). Regardless of how deep the pit may seem, God is on your side!
Bible Reading: Isaiah 20-22, Galatians 6
UCB Word For Today || 14th September 2022 Devotional
- Wednesday Morning Prayer 14 September 2022 | Bible Verse And Inspiration
- MFM Fasting And Prayer 14 September 2022 – Day 38 of 70 Days
- Our Daily Bread, Wednesday 14th September 2022, ODB Devotional
- Kenneth Copeland 14th September 2022 | Faith To Faith Devotional
- Daily Guide 14th September 2022 | Scripture Union
- Joyce Meyer 14 September 2022 Devotional for Wednesday
- Andrew Wommack 14th September 2022 Devotional | Righteousness Depends……