Anglican Daily Fountain 10th April 2021 Devotional – Slaves To Righteousness
TOPIC: SLAVES TO RIGHTEOUSNESS ( Read Anglican Daily Fountain for 9th April 2021)
TEXT: Romans 6:15-23(NKJV)
15. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!
16. Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin [leading] to death, or of obedience [leading] to righteousness? 17. But God be thanked that [though] you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
18. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.
19. I speak in human [terms] because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members [as] slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness [leading] to [more] lawlessness, so now present your members [as] slaves [of] righteousness for holiness.
20. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21. What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things [is] death.
22. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
OUTLINE: ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN 10TH APRIL 2021 DEVOTIONAL
A genuine Christian is not under law but under grace (v.15). Does being under grace give one a licence to commit sin? No! Our text Shows that sin is a terrible master which enslaves its subjects and leads them to eternal death (vv.16, 21). A slave of sin offers parts of his body to all kinds of impurity and wickedness (v.19). In John 8:33-38, Jesus referred to the Jews as “slaves of sin” even though they claimed to be Abraham’s children.
Today, someone can claim to be a Christian while in reality, he is a slave to sin. John 8:36 shows that Jesus can set one free from slavery to sin, and such a one shall be free indeed! This makes the person a new creation, with the old lite of sin gone (2 Corinthians 5:17). If you have experienced this turnaround, you must willingly offer all parts of your body to God in obedience to His word (vv.16, 17).
In this way. you become a slave to righteousness, leading to holiness and eternal life (vv. 18-23). If you have not done so, please do it today.
PRAYER: Lord, wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Thank you for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 10th April 2021 Devotional for Saturday. God bless you!