Anglican Daily Fountain 16 January 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
Read More Daily Devotional Message on DAILYDEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: YOU ARE NOT ALONE
TEXT: Matthew 10: 24-31(NKJV)
24. “A disciple is not above [his] teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25. “It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more [will they call] those of his household!
26. “Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.
27. ” Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.
28. “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29. “Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.
30. “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31. “Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Anglican Daily Fountain 16th January 2023 STUDY:
Jesus came, He saw and He conquered. He overcame despite the numerous challenges He encountered. As His disciples, He wants us to follow in His footsteps and do likewise. Jesus was called Beelzebub [Prince of Demons]; and He warned his disciples that they may also witness such an accusation.
They equally need to be careful because there is nothing covered that will not be revealed (v.26).They should therefore not be afraid of what man can do to them but of God. Christians are here to represent Christ as His ambassadors on earth (2 Cor. 5:20). Do not allow the world to set a different life standard for you. Be a disciplined disciple of Christ. Be honest in serving Him.
Do not mind what people say against you when you are doing the right thing. Be open to the leading of the Spirit of God in taking actions; you are safe when you are on the Lord’s side. In any situation, at any time, your primary aim must be geared towards doing the will of God, not the will of man. Do not be afraid to preach the gospel for God is with you.
PRAYER: Rock of ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee. Amen.