Anglican Daily Fountain 16th September 2021 – God, Our Righteous Judge
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR THURSDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2021
TOPIC: GOD, OUR RIGHTEOUS JUDGE
TEXT: Romans 2:1-16(NKJV)
1. Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
2. But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things.
3. And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God?
4. Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
5. But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6. who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:
7. eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8. but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness — indignation and wrath,
Anglican Daily Fountain for 16th September 2021
9. tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10. but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11. For there is no partiality with God.
12. For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13. (for not the hearers of the law [are] just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14. for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15. who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves [their] thoughts accusing or else excusing [them)] 16. in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN 16 SEPTEMBER 2021 STUDY:
On earthly judgment, anything goes the unusual can happen, judgment can be lopsided and turned upside down in favour of the wicked. Here, the wrong doer can be acquitted and discharged while the innocent person is condemned. However, when one passes judgment on another but commits the same offence, that person also condemns himself or herself, because such will not escape the judgment of God. We must not forget that God will judge us according to our works and deeds. The secrets of men will also be judged.
God, the righteous judge, shows no partiality and is not a Respecter of any person in His judgment. To those who are factious and do not obey the truth, but obey wickedness, there will be wrath, fury, tribulation and distress but glory and rewards for the righteous. God’s standard judgment will be based on His words (In. 12:48). Doers of the law will be justified. Let us fear and tremble before God, for God Himself has the final say in His judgment – no appeal to another, no excuses! We cannot do anything against the truth.
Prayer: Father, help me to be a doer of Your words so that Your judgment will not condemn and consume me in Jesus Name. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 16th September 2021 – God, Our Righteous Judge. God bless you!