Anglican Daily Fountain 19 November 2021 | Are You A Reason For Thanksgiving To God?
Welcome to Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Friday 19th November 2021. God bless you as you study today. Kindly share with other people.
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN 19 NOVEMBER 2021 DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: ARE YOU A REASON DOR THANKSGIVING TO GOD?
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10(NKJV)
1. Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers,
3. remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,
4. knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God.
5. For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
6. And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit,
7. so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe.
8. For from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. Your faith toward God has gone out, so that we do not need to say anything.
9. For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
10. and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, [even] Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.
Anglican Daily Fountain Today | STUDY:
In our today’s text, Paul was full of thanksgiving to God for the Thessalonian Christians who had been converted from their from idolatrous backgrounds. Their faith and trust in God was not in doubt. The word of God sounded forth from them to Macedonia. Achaia and even beyond. The Thessalonian Christians excelled in three areas of Christian behaviour that exemplified them as a people who were truly converted unto God. First, was their work of faith (v.3). Second was their labour of love (v.3). They did not only believe but cared for one another and evangelised the region around them.
(Read Acts 2;41-47). Paul stated in
verse 6 that they were both imitators of the apostles and of God. Even in their afflictions, they kept faith with God and remained joyful in the Holy Ghost. They were examples to believers around them. These are contrary to many Christians of today who lust after the world and all it has to offer, who show no commitment or dedication to God and His work; who have no willingness to suffer for the Master and Lord but will compromise in every given opportunity, just to gain the world.
This calls for worry to our fathers of faith who know and understand what God demands from every child of His. Examine yourself. Are you like the Thessalonian Christians or are you aligning to the lifestyle of present day believers?
Prayer: Oh Lord, help me to return to You and fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional | Are You A Reason For Thanksgiving To God?
Click To Read Powerful Devotional:
JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE