Anglican Daily Fountain 20 January 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
TODAY’S TOPIC: BE ATTENTIVE
TEXT: Matthew 13:24-32(NKJV)
24. Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25. “but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26. “But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27. “So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’
28. “He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’
29. “But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30. ‘Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ‘ ”
31. Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,
32. “which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.”
- Streams of Joy 21 Days Fasting And Prayer 18 January 2023
- MFM Devotional 18th January 2023: Wonders of the Anointing 3
- Watch NSPPD Live 18th January 2023 – Oh Lord Show Me Mercy
Anglican Daily Fountain 19th January 2023 STUDY:
Today’s parable describes a man who planted good seed in his field, but while people slept, his enemy came and sowed bad seed. On their request whether they should remove the bad seed, the master tells his servants to allow the bad and good seeds to grow together until the day of harvest when final separation would take place. Jesus also told them the parable of the mustard seed that was planted and grew to be a useful great tree.
As a Christian, you need to be vigilant; you need to watch and pray. Guard your heart, feet, eyes and tongue so you do not fall prey to the enemies. Be careful not to fall into spiritual slumber. In the Church today, there are occultic people, armed robbers, kidnappers, fraudsters, thieves, fornicators and adulterers as well as the holy, righteous, kind and upright ones. However, everything is waiting for the day of reckoning when the wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God (Psa. 9:17).
We must be watchful so as to escape God’s wrath. The day of reckoning is coming soon. Are you ready and awake or are you asleep?
PRAYER: Help me O God not to seek repose but to watch and pray as l am in the midst of foes.