Anglican Daily Fountain 22 January 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
TODAY’S TOPIC: EVER-WILLING JESUS
1. When He had come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed Him.
2. And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.”
3. Then Jesus put out [His] hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4. And Jesus said to him, “See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”
5. Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him,
6. saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.”
7. And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.”
8. The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.
9. “For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this [one,] ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does [it.”]
10. When Jesus heard [it,] He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!
11. “And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12. “But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13. Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, [so] let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.
- Dr. Charles Stanley 19 January 2023 In Touch Daily Devotional
- January 19, 2023 Your Daily Bible Verse for Thursday
- 19 January 2023 UCB Word For Today Devotional
Anglican Daily Fountain 22nd January 2023 STUDY:
When Jesus came down after the sermon on the mountain, a leper said to him“Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”Jesus told him that He was willing and made him clean immediately. On reaching Capernaum a Centurion met Jesus and told Him about his sick and paralysed servant. Jesus wanted to go and heal the servant but the Centurion requested Him to just speak a word of healing. Jesus marvelled and said that this great faith was rare in Israel and commanded that the servant be healed which happened.
If you want Jesus to quickly intervene in the circumstances of your life, including health, job, family, business, and academics, demonstrate your faith in Him, and He will show you his willingness without delay. Do you truly know that God has no limitations?Distance does not hinder bin at all! No wonder Psalm 107:20 says “I send my word and heal them and deliver them from their destruction.”The word of God can travel from town to town, country to country and heal the sick and fulfil God’s purposes. You only need to have faith in God, and His words will work wonders in your life and situations this year.
PRAYER: My Father, kindly speak a word and heal me today in Jesus’ name.