Anglican Daily Fountain 25 November 2022 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
DO YOU KNOW? You can be more inspired by reading other inspirational devotionals by great Authors. Click Link To Read: TODAY DEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: PRODUCTIVITY IN ADVERSITY
TEXT: Philemon 1:8-16(NKJV)
1. “At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands [watch] over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, [Even] to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book.
2. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.
3. Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.
4. “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
5. Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank.
6. And [one] said to the man clothed in linen, who [was] above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders [be?”]
7. Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who [was] above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that [it shall be] for a time, times, and half [a time;] and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these [things] shall be finished.
8. Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what [shall be] the end of these [things?”]
9. And he said, “Go [your way,] Daniel, for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10. “Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.
11. “And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, [there shall be] one thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12. “Blessed [is] he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
13. “But you, go [your way] till the end; for you shall rest, and will arise to your inheritance at the end of the days.”
- November 22, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Tuesday
- November 22, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Tuesday
- Dr. Charles Stanley In Touch Devotional for 22 November 2022
- John Hagee Devotional 22 November 2022 – Tuesday
- 22 November 2022 UCB Word For Today Devotional
TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN STUDY:
As Christians, the Lord did not promise us a troubled-free life. We are told that adversities are part of life’s package. Apostle Paul was one man who had a fair share of adversity, but his attitude was quite inspiring and exemplary. In verse one, Paul introduced himself as a PRISONER, not of the Roman authority, but of Christ. He further implied in verse 8 that he was Christ’ Representative (Ambassador) to the prison community. It was a positive and bright perspective for productivity.
He did not despair, nor feel dejected, helpless or hopeless in his situation. He did not recline to self-pity. But he recognised that Christ was with him. He took every opportunity he had to make the best for his Master. He saw the other prisoners and officials as his audience and continued his evangelistic mission which eventually paid off –”my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten while in my chains” (v.10). Let us remember that adversity can become an advantage for our advancement if faced with the right attitude.
PRAYER: Lord, in every circumstance of life, give me the right attitude for maximum benefit