Anglican Daily Fountain 29 December 2021 | Readiness for The Lord’s Return
Welcome to Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Wednesday 29 December 2021. God bless you as you study through His Word. Kindly share with other people.
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR 29TH DECEMBER 2021
TOPIC: READINESS FOR THE LORD’S RETURN
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11(NKJV)
1. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
3. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
5. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others [do,] but let us watch and be sober.
7. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and [as] a helmet the hope of salvation.
9. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10. who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 11. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
Anglican Daily Fountain 29th December 2021 | STUDY:
In 1Thessalonians 4, Paul discussed the comfort that there is in the coming of Jesus Christ. In this last chapter, he tells us how to prepare for His coming in view of the fact that the Lord’s coming will be a surprise for many, as a thief in the night. For some, that day will be a day of destruction but for others, it will be a day of rejoicing. It will depend on the preparation people make for His coming. Knowing that the return of the Lord is not only at hand but unknown, we are called upon to prepare for that day.
The first thing to do is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as Lord and Saviour. This is important because God has appointed us to salvation only through Jesus Christ. We are to walk in the light being sons of the light and of the day, casting off all works of darkness. We are to be watchful and sober, being prayerful and living a penitent life. We are to put on the whole armour of God, living by the word of God and actively participating in the Lord’s church.
Are you prepared? Will He find you ready when He comes? Will you be ready should you die before He comes?
Prayer: Lord, help me by Your grace to be prepared for Your second coming. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain | Readiness for The Lord’s Return
Click To Read Powerful Devotional:
JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE