Read Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional for Monday 3rd May 2021.
TOPIC: YOU HAVE DWELT LONG ENOUGH ON YOUR MOUNTAIN
TEXT: Deuteronomy 1:1-8(NKJV)
1. These [are] the words which Moses spoke to all Israel on this side of the Jordan in the wilderness, in the plain opposite Suph, between Paran, Tophel, Laban, Hazeroth, and Dizahab.
2. [It is] eleven days’ [journey] from Horeb by way of Mount Seir to Kadesh Barnea.
3. Now it came to pass in the fortieth year, in the eleventh month, on the first [day] of the month, [that] Moses spoke to the children of Israel according to all that the LORD had given him as commandments to them,
4. after he had killed Sihon king of the Amorites, who dwelt in Heshbon, and Og king of Bashan, who dwelt at Ashtaroth in Edrei.
5. On this side of the Jordan in the land of Moab, Moses began to explain this law, saying,
6. “The LORD our God spoke to us in Horeb, saying: ‘You have dwelt long enough at this mountain.
7. ‘Turn and take your journey, and go to the mountains of the Amorites, to all the neighboring [places] in the plain, in the mountains and in the lowland, in the South and on the seacoast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the River Euphrates.
8. ‘See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to your fathers — to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob — to give to them and their descendants after them.’
STUDY: ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL 3 MAY 2021
I climbed a mountain some time with friends and those of us who made it to the top were reluctant to go back because of the arduous experience and the joy of the beautiful scenery. This is a miniature of the 40-year wilderness journey of the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan which was filled with both distressing and victorious situations. The Israelites conquered the Ammonites and Bashan kings with their lands full of food, water and shelter.
This gave them the tendency to relax there. But God reminded them that there were yet more lands to conquer before His promised destination, Canaan. Similarly, God has stipulated His plan for us concerning salvation, victory over sin, divine health, peace amidst storms, eternal life, wisdom, baptism of the Holy Spirit, fruitfulness, demonstration of His power, excellence in the work of our hands, etc.
We have experienced different levels of victory in these aforementioned areas but God is saying today that you have not reached His best for your life. Don’t copy the example of Abraham’s father, Terah, who set out to reach Canaan but relaxed at Haran and died there (Gen. 11:31-32).
Move to higher levels of Christian commitment, praise, bible study, prayer, giving, righteousness, forgiveness, patience, soul-winning, academic and business pursuits, etc., and you will experience new and more outstanding testimonies to the glory of God in Jesus name.
Thank you for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 3 May 2021 – You Have Dwelt Long Enough On Your Mountain. God bless you!