Anglican Daily Fountain 31 January 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
TODAY’S TOPIC: HAVE A GOOD TESTIMONY
TEXT: Acts 16:1-15(NKJV)
1. Then he came to Derbe and Lystra. And behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timothy, [the] son of a certain Jewish woman who believed, but his father [was] Greek.
2. He was well spoken of by the brethren who were at Lystra and Iconium.
3. Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took [him] and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek.
4. And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem.
5. So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily.
6. Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia.
7. After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit did not permit them.
8. So passing by Mysia, they came down to Troas.
9. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.”
10. Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.
11. Therefore, sailing from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and the next [day] came to Neapolis,
12. and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days.
13. And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met [there.]
14. Now a certain woman named Lydia heard [us.] She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul.
15. And when she and her household were baptized, she begged [us,] saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” So she persuaded us.
- Dr. Charles Stanley 30 January 2023 In Touch Daily Devotional
- Prophetic Word For Today 30 January 2023 | Monday
- 30 January 2023 UCB Word For Today Devotional
Anglican Daily Fountain 31st January 2023 STUDY:
The testimony of people concerning your life is important. In the city of Derbe and Lystra, Paul met Timothy. Notice that Timothy had a good reputation among the brethren at Lystra and Iconium. This attracted the interest of Paul towards him and he picked him up for the work of the ministry. Timothy was considered important for the work of the gospel and so Paul circumcised him to create access for him among the Jews because Timothy’s father was a Greek.
In this missionary journey we observe how they were directed by the Holy Spirit in their missionary engagements. Paul’s preaching at Philippi led to the conversion and baptism of Lydia and her household. What type of testimony will people give concerning your life? Please create a good testimony in your home, work or business by your Christian conduct. Do not say it does not matter. Most of us today say we are not ashamed of the gospel and yet we bring shame to the gospel. You are the letter people read (2 Cor. 3:2).
Your Christian conduct must be accepted in your area of influence for people to accept your message. Reposition yourself for acceptable service and have a good testimony.
PRAYER: Father, grant me grace to live a Christ-like life in my generation in Jesus’ name, Amen.