Anglican Daily Fountain 5 February 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
TODAY’S TOPIC: FOOD FOR THE DISCIPLES
TEXT: Matthew 5: 1-12(NKJV)
1. And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him.
2. Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:
3. “Blessed [are] the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. Blessed [are] those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
5. Blessed [are] the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
6. Blessed [are] those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
7. Blessed [are] the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
8. Blessed [are] the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
9. Blessed [are] the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
10. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12. “Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great [is] your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
- John Hagee Devotional 1 February 2023 – Wednesday
- Prophetic Word For Today 1 February 2023 | Wednesday
- Dr. Charles Stanley 1 February 2023 In Touch Daily Devotional
Anglican Daily Fountain 5th February 2023 STUDY:
Septuagesima marks nine weeks before Easter Sunday. After speaking to the multitude, Jesus went up into a mountain, sat down and having received His disciples, He started to teach them. The disciples here may include others outside the Twelve Apostles. They all benefited from this special teaching (this special dish) – the benefit of staying close to the Master.
This is the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount which stretches to Matthew Chapter 7, The Sermon presents the way of righteous living for those who are in God’s family. It contrasts the new way with the old way of the Scribes and the Pharisees and shows the Kingdom Life. Those who adhere to the teachings shall be “Blessed.” Mountains are not easy to climb. It is only the energetic that can climb them.
To get special food or insight from Jesus, you must climb the mountain with Him and be very close to Him. This shall involve being prayerfulness, fasting and a deep study of the Word. Are you a disciple or among the multitude? You have to separate yourself from the crowd to dine with the Master.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, draw me closer to you as we climb the mountain together in Jesus’ name, Amen.