Anglican Daily Fountain 9 November 2022 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
DO YOU KNOW? You can be more inspired by reading other inspirational devotionals by great Authors. Click Link To Read: TODAY DEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE SAINTS ARE PRAYING FOR YOU
TEXT: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12(NKJV)
1. Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other,
4. so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure,
5. [which is] manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
6. since [it is] a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,
7. and to [give] you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
8. in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
10. when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.
11. Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of [this] calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of [His] goodness and the work of faith with power,
12. that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN STUDY:
As believers walking on the narrow way, we are not alone. The saints of God are praying for and with us (v.11-12). We are convinced that this way is the surest way to the Kingdom of God. Three main summaries can be drawn from the first chapter of this book which are: First, all affliction is designed to fit and make us worthy of the kingdom of God. Second, no evil will triumph in the end: Those who spurn the gospel will in the end be brought to ruin.
The Lord ‘will inflict vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They shall suffer the punishment of eternal destruction and exclusion from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.’ And finally, the suffering of God’s people will be rewarded in the end with the stupendous privileges.
The enemies of truth will be swept away in eternal destruction while the saints are given everlasting rest as Jesus Christ is glorified on His throne forever and ever. Apostle Paul ended his letter to the Church with a prayer for the believers to stand firm and always abound in the work of the Lord. Beloved of Christ, will you be part of those who will enter into God’s rest?
PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to benefit from the prayer of the saints triumphant that we may be found worthy of God’s calling in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 9 November 2022 (Devotional Today)