Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 1 May 2021 – The Believer’s Rewards
Read Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional for 1st May 2021
TOPIC: THE BELIEVER’S REWARDS
TEXT: John 14:1-14(NKJV)
1. “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2. “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if [it were] not [so,] I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, [there] you may be also.
4. “And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5. Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
7. ” If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
8. Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9. Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10. “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority;] but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11. “Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
12. ” Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
13. “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. “If you ask anything in My name, I will do [it.]
STUDY: ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL 1 MAY 2021
Can you remember how you felt when you got some wonderful news about a forthcoming promotion or increase in salary? In today’s passage, Jesus gives Philip and the other disciples the good news about the believer’s reward to strengthen their faith namely: (1) Prepared heavenly mansion for faithful believers (v.2) (2) Dwelling in His everlasting glory and presence (v.3) (3) Power to do greater works than He did if we believe (v.12)
(4) Assurance of answered prayers to glorify the Father (vv. 13 – 14) (5) Permission to use His powerful name for prayer requests (v.13) These promises are of course more valuable than worldly treasures. In order to access these wonderful rewards, various conditions are stipulated. In verse 1, we need to believe, adhere, trust and rely on Him. We need to accept Him as the only way, truth, life and the only way to the Father (v.6).
We need to believe that He is one with the Father contrary to what some religions teach (v. 99). We also need to seek the Father’s glory in our prayers and We also endeavours (v.13), and replicate His works on earth by faith (v.12). DO you want to partake of these glorious rewards of the believer? The choice is yours to fulfil the conditions required.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I accept Jesus as the only way, truth and life and pray that you help me to pursue your glory in all my endeavours in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.
Thank you for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 1 May 2021 – The Believer’s Rewards