Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 23rd February 2021 – Ask, Seek, Knock!
You are reading Today Daily Fountain Devotional 22 February 2021 written to inspire and bless you. May the Lord bless you now and always!
TODAY’S TOPIC: ASK, SEEK, KNOCK!
Scripture: “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
TEXT: Matthew 7:7-11(NKJV)
7. ” Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8. “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9. “Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10. “Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11. “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
STUDY: Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 23rd February 2021
God loves us so much thhat He gave His only begotten Son to save us from our sins. “Therefore, he that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, How shall He not with Him freely give us all things.” (Rom. 8:32).
God’s love for us is unfathomable. If evil men can give good things to their children, how much more shall our Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him? The point is giving good things. Therefore, if what you are asking is not of God, He will not give it.
The promises of God are yea and Amen. He has promised He will never fail. Delay is not denial. The reason we do not get what we ask may not be far-fetched. Some things we ask for must be sought after. Seeking is stronger tht mere asking. You seek for things that are not easily attainable, that are lost or can’t be found. Knocking is a greater level of receiving from God. If the door is not open to you, it shows dispproval and you may not receive what you are asking for. When doors are shut on people, access will be difficult. It is true that before we ask, God already knows our needs; He still wants us to ask, to show commitment, so that it wil not be like the proverbial ‘casting of pearls to swine.’ Ask, seek and knock today!
PRAYER: Oh Lord, grant us open heavens in Jesus Name.Amen.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Tuesday 23rd February 2021 – Ask, Seek, Knock! Please share this with other people.