Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 3 March 2021 – Consequences of Disobedience
You are reading Daily Fountain Devotional for Wednesday 3rd March 2021 to inspire and bless you. As you study may the Lord bless you in Jesus name, Amen.
TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF DISOBEDIENCE
Daily Fountain Quote of the Day “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” (Ephesians 3:20)
TEXT: Esther 1:13 – 22(NKJV)
13. Then the king said to the wise men who understood the times (for this [was] the king’s manner toward all who knew law and justice,
14. those closest to him [being] Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, and Memucan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who had access to the king’s presence, [and] who ranked highest in the kingdom):
15. “What [shall we] do to Queen Vashti, according to law, because she did not obey the command of King Ahasuerus [brought to her] by the eunuchs?”
16. And Memucan answered before the king and the princes: “Queen Vashti has not only wronged the king, but also all the princes, and all the people who [are] in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus.
17. “For the queen’s behavior will become known to all women, so that they will despise their husbands in their eyes, when they report, ‘King Ahasuerus commanded Queen Vashti to be brought in before him, but she did not come.’
18. “This very day the [noble] ladies of Persia and Media will say to all the king’s officials that they have heard of the behavior of the queen. Thus [there will be] excessive contempt and wrath.
19. “If it pleases the king, let a royal decree go out from him, and let it be recorded in the laws of the Persians and the Medes, so that it will not be altered, that Vashti shall come no more before King Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal position to another who is better than she.
20. “When the king’s decree which he will make is proclaimed throughout all his empire (for it is great), all wives will honor their husbands, both great and small.”
21. And the reply pleased the king and the princes, and the king did according to the word of Memucan.
22. Then he sent letters to all the king’s provinces, to each province in its own script, and to every people in their own language, that each man should be master in his own house, and speak in the language of his own people.
STUDY: Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 3 March 2021
In today’s text, we did not note any remorse or repentance from Vashti, not minding that the knew the law and judgment. So, the king consulted with the wise men on the provisions of the law and statements of judgement in relation to Vashti’s offence. The answer was that she should be banished. Her banishment was to serve as a lesson to other women – that they may learn obedience to their husbands. The king kept his love for Vashti aside and dispensed justice in accordance with the rules of his kingdom.
The first lesson here is that leaders should learn to handle offences in accordance with the provision of the constitution for a healthy society. When we pamper evil, we destroy our society. Secondly. justice becomes stronger than love in God’s heart when one continues in sin. Remember, this was coming at the rounding off of the long feast. In the same way, our journey on earth is likened to this feast. At the rounding off of our lives, which might be by death or rapture, justice will be stronger than love. If you are found guilty. you will be banished to hell fire. However, there is room for repentance now.
PRAYER: O God, I repent today; do not banish me from Your presence, I pray, Amen.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 3 March 2021 – Consequences of Disobedience. Please share this with other people.