Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional February 24th 2021 – Fruitfulness
You are reading Today Daily Fountain Devotional for 24th February 2021. May the Lord bless you as you study on today’s subject.
Quote of the Day “Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” (Psalm 44:5)
TODAY’S TOPIC: FRUITFULNESS
TEXT: John 15:1-11(NKJV)
1. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2. “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every [branch] that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4. “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5. “I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6. “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw [them] into the fire, and they are burned.
7. “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8. “By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9. ” As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
10. “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and [that] your joy may be full.
STUDY: Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional February 24th 2021
The reason Jesus came in the form of man is to save us from our sins and for us to bear fruit – winning souls into the kingdom of God by our character and the Gospel. When we do not fulfil this purpose of God, then we need purging. Physically, when one is purging, foods not good for the body system are removed as stool. This is also applicable to plants. When a branch does not bear fruits, the husband-man takes it away, that is, cuts it down so that it will not eat up the nutrients from the tree. However, the plant that bears fruit, he also purges that it may bring forth much fruits. The husband-man removes hindrances in the branch so that it will bring forth much fruits. In this case, purging has dual purpose.
The secret of fruitfulness is abiding in the Lord. Just as the branches gets nutrients from the vine as long as it abiding in the vine, so also every Christian receives strength and grace for good character and soul-winning as longs as he abides in the Lord. By their fruits you shall know them(Matt. 7:16). Fruits here are both character and soul-winning.
Bearing much fruit brings glory to the Lord and attracts God’s love. It brings joy both to the soul-winner and the Lord. God is our natural environment – man without God is nothing!
TODAY’S PRAYER: OH Lord, please make me a soul-winner to your glory in Jesus’ Name.Amen.
Thanks for reading Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional February 24th 2021 – Fruitfulness. Please share this with other people.