DCLM Daily Manna 1 May 2022 | Pastor W.F. Kumuyi
Read and Meditate on Today’s Deeper Life DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Sunday 1st May 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study!
DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL 1 MAY 2022 SUNDAY
TODAY’S TOPIC: FAITHFUL WORKERS
KEY VERSE: “But they gave that to the workmen, and repaired therewith the house of the LORD. Moreover they reckoned not with the men, into whose hand they delivered the money to be bestowed on workmen: for they dealt faithfully.” – (2 Kings 12:14,15)
TEXT: 2 Kings 12:1-16
1. In the seventh year of Jehu Jehoash began to reign; and forty years reigned he in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Zibiah of Beersheba.
2. And Jehoash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all his days wherein Jehoiada the priest instructed him.
3. But the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places.
4. And Jehoash said to the priests, All the money of the dedicated things that is brought into the house of the LORD, even the money of every one that passeth the account, the money that every man is set at, and all the money that cometh into any man’s heart to bring into the house of the LORD,
5. Let the priests take it to them, every man of his acquaintance; and let them repair the breaches of the house, wheresoever any breach shall be found.
6. But it was so, that in the three and twentieth year of king Jehoash the priests had not repaired the breaches of the house.
7. Then king Jehoash called for Jehoiada the priest, and the other priests, and said unto them, Why repair ye not the breaches of the house? now therefore receive no more money of your acquaintance, but deliver it for the breaches of the house.
8. And the priests consented to receive no more money of the people, neither to repair the breaches of the house.
9. But Jehoiada the priest took a chest, and bored a hole in the lid of it, and set it beside the altar, on the right side as one cometh into the house of the LORD; and the priests that kept the door put therein all the money that was brought into the house of the LORD.
10. And it was so, when they saw that there was much money in the chest, that the king’s scribe and the high priest came up, and they put up in bags, and told the money that was found in the house of the LORD.
11. And they gave the money, being told, into the hands of them that did the work, that had the oversight of the house of the LORD; and they laid it out to the carpenters and builders, that wrought upon the house of the LORD,
12. And to masons, and hewers of stone, and to buy timber and hewed stone to repair the breaches of the house of the LORD, and for all that was laid out for the house to repair it.
13. Howbeit there were not made for the house of the LORD bowls of silver, snuffers, basons, trumpets, any vessels of gold, or vessels of silver, of the money that was brought into the house of the LORD;
14. But they gave that to the workmen, and repaired therewith the house of the LORD.
15. Moreover they reckoned not with the men, into whose hand they delivered the money to be bestowed on workmen; for they dealt faithfully.
16. The trespass money and sin money was not brought into the house of the LORD; it was the priests’.
DCLM Daily Manna 1 May 2022 | MESSAGE:
There was a security guard with a leading commercial bank in Lagos, Nigeria, who accidentally found a sum of $10,000 in the premises left by a customer. He promptly returned the money to the bank management. The Managing Director of the bank then said, “When I heard about this story, I knew I had to meet the man who despite facing rising petrol and transportation prices returned such a huge sum of money without recourse to himself.” Men and women of integrity are highly needed in the world.
Young King Joash wisely chose to repair the house of the Lord in line with the counsel of Jehoiada the priest. Fund for the project was solicited and raised directly by the people. The priests faithfully monitored the contributions and gave the money to the supervisors overseeing the repair work. The work then progressed as expected. The faithful workers now have their act of honesty recorded in the Scripture for all to emulate.
Accountability is dying out in the lives of many so-called Christians today. Whether in their personal or public life, they cannot be trusted with money. Many who hold public offices cannot be trusted to carry out their responsibilities faithfully without close monitoring.
Faithful workers are needed everywhere; from church to places of secular service. Indeed, the more delicate an assignment, the greater the need for faithful men and women who, like Daniel in Babylon, will show forth the glory of God wherever they are.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A faithful man shall abound with blessings.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 10-11
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 1 May 2022 | Pastor W.F. Kumuyi
- Rhapsody of Realities 1 May 2022 (New Month Devotional)
- Prayer For New Month of May 2022 (With Scriptures)
- Sunday Daily Gospel Reflections 1 May 2022 | Third Sunday of Easter
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE