DCLM Daily Manna 11th May 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Wednesday 11 May 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 11TH MAY 2022 WEDNESDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: A GREATER PULL
TEXT: Luke 11:29-36
29. And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation; they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
30. For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.
31. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them; for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
32. The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
33. No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
34. The light of the body is the eye; therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
35. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
36. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.
KEY VERSE: “For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.” – (Luke 11:30)
DCLM Daily Manna 11th May 2022 MESSAGE:
After considering the lives of two well-known personalities in the Old Testament, our Lord Jesus Christ began to address issues of immediate concern which had eternal consequences. He pegged His comments on Solomon and Jonah, who had remarkable testimonies to pull crowds.
As He recalled their deeds, the Lord said He, the Messiah, commanded greater signs not only in His generation but for all generations till the Judgment Day. When they called for signs, He referred them to Jonah’s three-day stay in the belly of the fish and his preaching that led Nineveh to repentance. And a royal personality left a distant kingdom at the pull of Solomon’s wisdom. Now, Christ among them was greater than these two; yet the Jews rejected Him. On the last day, those who benefited from Solomon and Jonah, two lesser men, would condemn them for rejecting the greater King and Prophet.
Like the Jews, many in the world today are also walking in darkness as a result of their refusal to receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. In verse 36, the Lord calls for the fullness of His doctrine in our lives. That is the way to escape the condemnation of the generations of the queen of the south and Nineveh.
God has rested the power for salvation of man in His Son, Jesus Christ. We do not need to wait for signs and wonders outside Him. Man needs no agent from below or above to convince us of the certainty of Christ’s lordship. He is the centre point of all the prophets and emissaries that have come from God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Embrace Christ, the greatest of all wonders.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 30-31
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 11th May 2022 | Wednesday
- Joel Osteen 9th May 2022 Daily Devotional | You Win
- John Hagee Devotional 10 May 2022 Tuesday || 1 John 4:11
- In Touch Devotional 10 May 2022 Tuesday | Dr Charles Stanley
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE