DCLM Daily Manna 15th June 2022 | Wednesday Devotional
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Wednesday 15 June 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 15TH JUNE 2022 WEDNESDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: REWARD FOR EVIL
TEXT: 2 Kings 11:1-12
1. And when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal.
2. But Jehosheba, the daughter of king Joram, sister of Ahaziah, took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the king’s sons which were slain; and they hid him, even him and his nurse, in the bedchamber from Athaliah, so that he was not slain.
3. And he was with her hid in the house of the LORD six years. And Athaliah did reign over the land.
4. And the seventh year Jehoiada sent and fetched the rulers over hundreds, with the captains and the guard, and brought them to him into the house of the LORD, and made a covenant with them, and took an oath of them in the house of the LORD, and shewed them the king’s son.
5. And he commanded them, saying, This is the thing that ye shall do; A third part of you that enter in on the sabbath shall even be keepers of the watch of the king’s house;
6. And a third part shall be at the gate of Sur; and a third part at the gate behind the guard; so shall ye keep the watch of the house, that it be not broken down.
7. And two parts of all you that go forth on the sabbath, even they shall keep the watch of the house of the LORD about the king.
8. And ye shall compass the king round about, every man with his weapons in his hand; and he that cometh within the ranges, let him be slain; and be ye with the king as he goeth out and as he cometh in.
9. And the captains over the hundreds did according to all things that Jehoiada the priest commanded; and they took every man his men that were to come in on the sabbath, with them that should go out on the sabbath, and came to Jehoiada the priest.
10. And to the captains over hundreds did the priest give king David’s spears and shields, that were in the temple of the LORD.
11. And the guard stood, every man with his weapons in his hand, round about the king, from the right corner of the temple to the left corner of the temple, along by the altar and the temple.
12. And he brought forth the king’s son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king.
KEY VERSE: “And when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal.” – (2 Kings 11:1)
DCLM Daily Manna 15th June 2022 | Wednesday Message:
Mothers are special and grandmothers are super special. They dote on their children and grandchildren with affection and commitment. But as good as mothers can be, there are some that are in a class of their own. Athaliah was a king’s daughter and a king’s wife. She was the mother of King Ahaziah, who was killed by Jehu. As soon as Athaliah saw that the king was dead, murderous passion seized her heart and she resolved to be queen herself.
She slew all the seed royal, ascended the throne and reigned as queen for six years. Unknown to her, however, another woman Jehoshebah, rescued Joash, one of the princes and hid the boy and her nurse from the murderous grandmother. With the help of Jehoiada the priest, Joash was eventually installed king over Judah and the shameful reign of Queen Athaliah was terminated.
Christian mothers must play positive roles in their families and in the church. Women like Athaliah are the sponsors of abortion, family violence, lack of submission and power tussle at home. A woman that could easily kill her grandchildren will not hesitate to kill anybody else for position and power.
Believing women like Lois and her daughter Eunice raised a Timothy. Every Christian woman today must not only raise up a generation of believing sons and daughters but also rescue others from the evil powers of modern-day Athaliahs. Society needs women of faith to raise a generation of men and women for the furtherance of Kingdom purpose.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is payday for every act of wickedness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 30-33
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 15th June 2022 | Wednesday Devotional
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE