DCLM Daily Manna 26th September 2020 Devotional Today Message written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: THE RESTORATION OF ZION
TEXT: Jeremiah 30:15-24
15. Why criest thou for thine affliction? thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee.
16. Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey.
17. For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
18. Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob’s tents, and have mercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.
19. And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry; and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
20. Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them.
21. And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me; for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD.
22. And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
23. Behold, the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind; it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
24. The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart; in the latter days ye shall consider it.
KEY VERSE: “Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob’s tents, and have mercy on his dwelling places; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.” – Jeremiah 30:18
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 26th September 2020 Devotional
Captivity brings sorrow, shame, remorse and anguish of heart. Sin led Israel to defeat. It was so obvious that even Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard of the Babylonians told Jeremiah, “The LORD thy God hath pronounced this evil upon this place (Jerusalem). Now the LORD hath brought it, and done according as he hath said: because ye have sinned against the LORD…” (Jeremiah 40:1,2).
Though God queried the rationale behind their cry over their affliction which was self-imposed, He swiftly moved to reassure them of the certain restoration of Zion. Those that devoured them would be devoured (verse 16). The restoration would produce “thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry”, because He remained their God who would judge the wicked for their evil (verses 22-24).
God’s love for Israel and His faithfulness to His covenant of everlasting mercies (Isaiah 54:10), had remained the driving force that ensured Israel’s survival and restoration. That Israel is still a nation today, in spite of all her unfaithfulness and trauma attests to God’s commitment to His word. Israel’s full restoration at the time of the Millennium when Christ comes to reign will be a time of unparalleled peace, joy and prosperity.
Today, however, the gentiles which were not God’s people have become “the children of the living God” through their faith in Christ, but later when the Deliverer comes, “he shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob” (Romans 9:26, 11:26). As Christ warned when they rejected Him, so it has turned out to be.
“O Jerusalem, … thou that killest the prophets and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together… and ye would not. Behold your house is left unto you desolate…” (Matthew 23:37-39). Though Israel is blinded today, when Christ returns, he shall be restored.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s covenant with Israel still subsists and He will fulfil all He has promised.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverb 30 – 31
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 26th September 2020 Devotional – The Restoration Of Zion by Pastor W.F Kumuyi