DCLM Daily Manna 3rd May 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Tuesday 3 May 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 3RD MAY 2022 TUESDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: TIME TO RUN
TEXT: John 20:1-10
1. The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2. Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
3. Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
4. So they ran both together; and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
5. And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
6. Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
7. And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
8. Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.
9. For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
10. Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.
11. But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping; and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
12. And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13. And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14. And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
15. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
19. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
KEY VERSE: “Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him. So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulcher.” – (John 20:2,4)
DCLM Daily Manna 3rd May 2022 | Deeper Life MESSAGE:
In life, running is not an option but why one is running is equally important for every runner. The passage for consideration is about three runners. One is a woman and the other two are men. They were all running for the same reasons although in different directions.
Jesus was the reason they were running. Mary was the first to get to the tomb only to find it empty. She ran to tell Peter and John of her discovery. Peter and John heard the shocking news and decided to go see the tomb themselves. They ran back to the tomb with John outpacing Peter but he halted at the entrance of the tomb. Peter entered first. They both saw an empty tomb and believed that indeed Jesus was no longer in the grave.
Like Peter, John and Mary, now is the time for all to run with excitement to spread the good news. Today, you must run to tell others of Jesus and the power of His resurrection. It is time to run with the vision of the cross and the story of new life. The world is in a hurry to deny the significance of the cross and the reality of His resurrection, but it is the duty of the believer to tell the story to as many people as possible before they die.
These days, many people are refusing to accept Jesus. They are busy running away from eternal blessings and lasting happiness. You must not join the multitude in the race to a Christ-less eternity. Like Peter and John, run to Jesus and heed His invitation: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is better to run to Jesus than to miss present and eternal “rest”.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 14
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 3rd May 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE