Insight For Today 6 May 2022 Friday | Chuck Swindoll | Offerings, Part Two
Read and Meditate on Today’s Chuck Swindoll’s Insight For Today Daily Devotional for 6th May 2022. May the Lord bless you as you study His Word!
CHUCK SWINDOLL’S INSIGHT FOR TODAY 6 MAY 2022, FRIDAY
TODAY’S TOPIC: OFFERINGS, PART TWO
Scriptures: Ephesians 5:15–16
Let’s talk about the offering, the time during the weekly worship service when the plate is passed and most people daydream or fidget around, feeling uncomfortable. If that describes you, you’re missing a golden moment! As I mentioned yesterday, you can turn this time from ho-hum to hallelujah.
If I may take the phrase in Ephesians 5:16, making the most of your time, to include the silent moments during the offering, let me offer some practical suggestions.
Six come to my mind:
1. Take a pencil along with the bulletin stub and write down a list of the things for which you are most grateful. Ponder each . . . and thank your heavenly Father for them one by one. Tape that list in a conspicuous place at home and look at it daily for a week.
2. Turn to the Scripture that will be used in the sermon. Read it over slowly. Think only about that passage throughout the offering time. Ask God to speak to you as though you were all alone in the worship service.
3. Pick out two or three people whom you know (perhaps some sitting with or near you) and pray specifically for them. Ask God to encourage them and lift their spirits that day. You might even follow that up by greeting them after the service and expressing interest in their lives. Tell them that God prompted you to pray for them.
4. Locate in the hymnal the hymn the musician is playing if it is familiar to you. Read the words slowly. Allow yourself to picture the scene in the hymn and become thrilled with the message it communicates.
5. Close your eyes. Refuse every outside thought that knocks for entrance. Think back over the week that’s passed. Praise God for His assistance. Confess to Him the dirt you’ve swept under your life’s rug. Thank Him for your role in life, your job, your loved ones, your church, your spiritual gifts, your salvation, your trials, your destiny, your health, the Scriptures.
6. May I dare add another? Pray for the one who will bring the message. Ask God to give him liberty, clarity, boldness, sensitivity, insight on his feet, freedom from distractions and petty worries. It’s amazing how much more the message means to you when you’ve had a part in its delivery.
Hebrews 13:15 gives timely counsel along these lines: “let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.”
That’s a switch, isn’t it? The traditional offering time becomes a “sacrifice of praise” time . . . a time when God, personally, receives your offering of gratitude . . . a time when He picks the “fruit of your lips.” What is most remarkable is how the juice from that fruit heals the ache in your left hip pocket.
Thanks for reading Insight For Today 6 May 2022 Friday | Chuck Swindoll
- May 6, 2022 Daily Bible Verse of the Day | Increase And Overflow
- Daily Bible Verse And Prayer 6 May 2022 (Friday)
- Daily Prayer for Today 6 May 2022 Friday
- Seeds of Destiny Friday 6th May 2022 | SOD Today
- Bible Verses for May 2022 New Month
- Prayer For New Month of May 2022 (With Scriptures)
- Rhapsody of Realities May 2022 – Download PDF
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE