MFM Daily Devotional 12th March 2023: Lessons From The Life of Sarah (4)
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 12, 2023
Read and study Today’s MFM Daily Devotional March 12th, 2023. God bless you as you meditate, Amen.
TODAY’S TOPIC: LESSONS FROM THE LIFE OF SARAH (4)
MEMORY VERSE: Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and tum again and rend you.
Patience is the queen of all virtues. Don’t be in a hurry and throw away your pearls to dogs, because of delay that will soon vanish.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
Any battle that wants to push you to take the wrong steps shall expire now, in the name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 16:1-6
PRAISE & WORSHIP
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 24; Judges 1 – 2; 1 Timothy 1 – 2
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL 12TH MARCH 2023 MESSAGE:
So far, we have learned beautiful lessons from the life of Sarah. Sarah was not a perfect person. Today, we want to consider a very cogent point so we can avoid her pitfalls.
Impatience is a not virtue. Impatience often leads to errors and misdeeds. Sarah had her negative experiences. Stories abound of women who did unthinkable things to get pregnant when they were looking for the fruit of the womb, possibly to retain their husband’s affection and prevent him from looking at another woman. Hardly will anyone find women arranging other wives for their husbands even if they cannot conceive, but Sarah did out of impatience.
Sarah was barren and had waited for long to have children. When it seemed not to be happening, she arranged her maid to sleep with her husband so she could have children through her… so she thought! She committed a great error. She threw her pearl cut so cheap, an error which the whole world is still battling with till date. Although she had waited for long, she should have exercised a little bit of more patience. She should have lingered still with God like Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist. God would have come through for her without having to cut corners because she was operating under a divine covenant. The human side of her, the flesh, took over; hence the great mistake.
Hoping to have a child by Hagar, but all she got in return was reproach and dishonour, adding salt to her injury.” The Bible says,…and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her.” Hagar, just like every other human, saw her position as a privilege to disrespect her boss. After all, she was pregnant with Abraham’s baby. She could now talk and behave anyhow. All of these happened because Sarah asked an Egyptian for help (Isaiah 31:1). She gave Hagar an inch and she went a mile. This is the price of impatience. The whole world travails at the manifestation of the descendants of Ishmael till now.
Beloved, you may have waited long for a desire and it is possible you are thinking that God is coming too late. You are thinking of trying a plan-B. Don’t do it! Please hold on to God and trust His timing. He will definitely come through for you. A little more patience, a little more prayer, and your Isaac will arrive in grand style. It shall end in laughter, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Dr. Charles Stanley 11 March 2023 In Touch Daily Devotional
- Streams of JOY Devotional 11th March 2023: Other Men’s Labour
- Chuck Swindoll Devotional 10 March 2023 || Insight For Today
MFM DAILY PRAYER POINTS 12TH MARCH 2023
1. Spirit of impatience in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Any problem in my life that wants to push me to Egypt for solution, die now, in the name of Jesus.
3. Long-term battles, mocking my faith in God, expire and die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Wiper of Tears, Jesus Christ, wipe away my secret tears, in the name of Jesus.
5. Boasting powers that have vowed that prayer and fasting will not solve my problem, summersault and perish, in the name of Jesus.
6. Family idols, demanding for my worship before I get solution, parish after the order of dagon, in the name of Jesus.
7. My season of unending laughter, appear by fire, in the name of Jesus.
Read More Daily Devotional Messages