MFM Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 Saturday – The Horror of Hell (II); written by Pastor D.K Olukoya
MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 31ST JULY 2021 TODAY SATURDAY
TOPIC: THE HORROR OF HELL (II)
Fire Scripture: Revelation 20:1-15
MFM Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 Saturday Outline
Jesus described hell as a place of “outer darkness,” where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth,” (Matt. 22:13) and a place “where their worm dieth not and their ﬁre is not quenched” ( Mark 9:48). Hell is eternal, and those who are conﬁned there have no hope of escape. It is the state of eternal separation from God. All ﬁres that we know of, whether cooking ﬁre or campﬁre or even the greatest wildﬁres in history, will always come to an end.
Hell ﬁre on the other hand, is called “the unquenchable ﬁre” (Mark 9:43) and “the lake of ﬁre” in which people are “tormented day and night forever and ever” (Rev 20:10). The pains from the burning will be so great that they will lead to continuous weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matt 25:30). Those who have had the fatal misfortune of ﬁre accident at times experience death as a relief.
In contrast, God will resurrect the wicked and give them immortal bodies made to burn eternally in hell. Therefore, the relief of death never comes. (Rev. 20:11-15) The Scripture repeatedly calls hell a place of outer darkness. (Matt 8:12; 25:30) In hell, people will hear the screams of pain; they will be roasted by the burning from the ﬂames; teeth will be grinding together, and there will be the smell of burning sulfur while the victims will be burning without being consumed in everlasting darkness.
MFM Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 Saturday by Pastor D.K Olukoya
The bitter song in Hell shall be: “Oh had I known.” How can one describe the horror of hell again? Hell is a place of eternal judgement and everlasting punishment. The boiling brimstone makes one scream. The hair will be on ﬁre; feet and hands will be blistered. The tongue will become parched with thirst. The throat will be hoarse from screaming and wailing. Worms of ﬁre feast on the sinner’s body without being destroyed.
Hell is a place of everlasting punishment sorrow, shame, anguish, afﬂiction, suffering, darkness, restlessness travail, weeping and crying, burning and companionship with the devil and his ferociously wicked angels. Is this where you intend to end your life’s journey? Is this how you would want to spend eternity? If you have not been living right, repent now and make your way straight.
Memory Verse: Matt. 22:13 – “Then said the king to the servants, bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Motivational Quote: You will not fear death if you know that your heaven is sure.
Prophetic Word: The devil will not harvest your life, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: Amazing Grace! How Sweet The Sound
1. Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!
3. Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath bro’t me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
4. When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun.
MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 31ST JULY 2021 PRAYER POINTS
1. Let every conspiracy of the hosts of hell against my life scatter, in the name of Jesus.
2. I command all forms of darkness transferred into my life through demonic connections to be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every satanic arrow targeted at destroying my vision, dream and ministry, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Let every satanic trap set against my life be shattered to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
5. I command all demonic activities against my calling to receive disgrace and commotion, in the name of Jesus.
6. All agents of darkness militating against my life, I silence you forever, in the name of Jesus.
7. The devil shall not write the last chapter of my life in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 16; Proverbs 17; Proverbs 18
Thank you for reading Today’s MFM Daily Devotional 31 July 2021 Saturday – The Horror of Hell (II). God bless you!