Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 19 December 2022
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Monday 19th December 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC FOR TODAY IS THE POWER OF BLESSING
TEXT: Numbers 6:22-27
22. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
23. Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
24. The LORD bless thee, and keep thee;
25. The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;
26. The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
27. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
- Streams of JOY Daily Devotional Message 15 December 2022
- Seeds of Destiny Devotional 15 December 2022
- TD Jakes 14th December 2022 Wednesday Night Bible Study
- NSPPD 15th December 2022 Live Prayers With Pastor Jerry Eze
“The LORD bless thee, and keep thee.” – (Numbers 6:24).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 19 December 2022 Devotional:
Susannah Wesley, mother of John Wesley, spent one hour each day praying for her 17 children. In addition, she took each child aside for a full hour every week to discuss spiritual matters. No wonder two of her sons, Charles and John were used of God to bring blessings to all of England and much of America. John Wesley was a holiness preacher and the founder of Methodist Church. While Charles Wesley, a prolific writer and clergyman, wrote about 6,500 hymns.
The Lord directed Aaron, the high priest and his sons to bless Israel in our text. In the guideline given, they were to pray for the upkeep of Israel, peace upon the land and God’s approval and favour. All the blessings were to be pronounced upon Israel in the name of God Almighty.
Obviously, God knew how powerful our words can be. Blessings or curses can influence one’s progress or otherwise in life, especially those spoken by people who have parental or spiritual authority over us. Blessing is what children need from their parents to advance and succeed in life. Jacob, Joseph, David and countless others in the Bible received blessings from their parents and went ahead to succeed in life. Others, like Cain, Reuben and Simeon received curses, which produced negative effects on them.
It will be very helpful if parents desist from cursing their children, because words spoken cannot be recalled again. The words we speak go out of our control once we speak them. No wonder, the Scriptures admonish us to bless and not curse. Finally, our preachers and ministers should maintain the habit of blessing God’s people from the pulpit as directed by the Lord.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Blessings act as catalyst to progress.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: