Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 24 December 2022
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Saturday 24th December 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC: GOD’S WORD IS DEPENDABLE
TEXT: Exodus 34:22-27
22. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.
23. Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord GOD, the God of Israel.
24. For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders; neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the LORD thy God thrice in the year.
25. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
26. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother’s milk.
27. And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words; for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
- Streams in the Desert 22 December 2022 | Devotional for Thursday
- December 22, 2022 Bible Verse for Thursday
- Daily Mass Readings 22nd December 2022, Thursday
- Daily Prayer and Bible Verse 22 December 2022 (Thursday)
“And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.” – (Exodus 34:27).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 24 December 2022 Devotional:
God is all-wise. He always has the good of His people in mind. He is always mindful of the promises He had made to His people to fulfil them to the letter, so that they can live in peace. From the text, God gave sundry commandments to Israel through Moses. They were to observe the feast of weeks of the first fruits of wheat harvest and the feast of the ingathering at the year’s end. They were to appear before the Lord thrice in a year.
The first of the first fruits of the land is to be offered to the Lord. They were not to offer sacrifice of blood with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the Passover be left unto the morning. God promised to cast out the nations before Israel and enlarge their borders, such that none would desire their land (Exodus 34:24). He, therefore, instructed Moses to document the words as covenant made between Him and Israel; to reinforce His commitment to Israel’s protection and wellbeing as long as they keep their own part of the agreement.
Unknown to many, God’s commandments, revelations, prophecies and promises are a reflection of His nature. He is immortal and unchanging, and so are His words. He does not make rash utterances. In fact, He is dependable. Man often proves his natural limitation whenever he breaks a covenant with another person. God is unchanging. No one has ever been as reliable and dependable as our God who honours His words more than His name (Psalm 138:2). Generations of true believers have testified and affirmed that God keeps His words.
This should embolden you, no matter your present state. God’s covenant promises cover all our needs. You will surely receive as you keep your part of the covenant deal to wholeheartedly trust and obey Him.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is unchanging, reliable and dependable.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: