Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 5 December 2022
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Monday 5th December 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC FOR TODAY IS WITNESSING TO THE TRUTH
TEXT: 1 John 1:1-9
1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth;
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Creflo Dollar Devotional 3 December 2022 (Saturday)
- Today’s Joel Osteen 3 December 2022 Saturday Devotional
- Dr. David Jeremiah Turning Point 3rd December 2022
- The Upper Room Devotional for 3rd December 2022
- John Hagee Devotional 3 December 2022 – Saturday
“That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” – (1 John 1:3).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 5 December 2022 Devotional:
During court sessions, witnesses are usually called to testify for, or against someone in an on-going case. Those witnesses are expected to state the truth as they know it: what they had seen, or heard or believed to be true. As in the secular, so it is also in the spiritual. Christ had told His disciples “…and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
In our text, Apostle John explains what they had seen as followers of Christ. They had heard from Him the words of life and even “handled” Him. He was manifested so that men can have fellowship with Him and with the Father as the disciples did. He therefore enjoined men to come to share in that fellowship.
The coming of Christ to the world to undo all the evil the fall of Adam brought upon mankind marked a turning point in the history of the world and a new beginning for humanity. His ministry was embedded with preaching, teaching and healing, which brought salvation from sin, cure, deliverance from satanic oppressions and hope for the hopeless.
His death and resurrection broke the power of Satan and brought justification to all that believe. John was a beneficiary of these great things; so, he was in a position to invite others to experience true salvation from sin. Satan comes to steal, to kill and to destroy but Jesus has come to give life in abundance. He gives rest to those who are labouring and under heavy burdens. He gives eternal life to those who believe on Him (John 5:27,28). Like John, we are to witness about Christ and His coming kingdom.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Endless glory awaits all who faithfully follow Christ as true witnesses.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: