RCCG Sunday School Students’ Manual for 21st November 2021 – Lesson 12
Welcome to The Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG Sunday Manual November 21, 2021 for Students. God bless you as you study today!
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ MANUAL 21ST NOVEMBER 2021
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ MANUAL
SUNDAY 21ST OF NOVEMBER, 2021
LESSON TWELVE (12)
TOPIC: THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE
CLICK TO READ PREVIOUS TOPIC FOR LESSON 11
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day
O How I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see thee,
Will thou pass over me today
Without my being blest.
MEMORY VERSE: “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds” 2 Corinthians 10:4.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Ephesians 6:13-18
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
TODAY’S LESSON ON RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL NOVEMBER 21, 2021
LESSON INTRODUCTION: The Bible points to us that the conflict with Satan is spiritual and, therefore, no physical weapon can be effectively employed against him and his agents (2 Cor.10:4; Eph.6:12). We are not given a list of specific tactics that Satan will use, However, the passage is quite clear that when we follow the instruction (to put on the whole armour) faithfully relying on the strength of the Holy Spirit, we will be able to stand and we ill have victory regardless of Satan’s strategy (Eph.6:13).
1. THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD
2. OTHER WEAPONS FOR SPIRITUAL WARFARE
THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD
No soldier goes to battle with only one weapon. When the battle is long, we may feel weary, we may be tempted to give up, but these are the moments when we must remember that we do not fight in our own strength. According to Ephesians 6:10-18, the whole armour of God include:
1. Belt of Truth: The first element of our armour is truth (verse 14). Satan is said to be the “father of lies” (John 8:44). We are, therefore, exhorted to put on truth for our own sanctification and deliverance (John 8:32).
2. Breastplate of Righteousness: A breastplate shields a warrior’s vital organs from blows that would otherwise be fatal. This righteousness is not works of righteousness done by men. Rather, this is the righteousness of Christ, imputed by God and received by faith, which guards our hearts against the accusations and charges of Satan and secures our innermost being from his attacks (lsa.54:17).
3. Preparation of the Gospel of Peace: When you preach the gospel, God will fight for you (isa.52:7; Dan.12:3; Mk.16:15).
4. Shield or Faith: Our Faith, OT which Christ is “the author and finisher” (Heb. 12:2), is like a golden shield, precious solid, and substantial with which one can be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
5. Helmet of Salvation: The head is the seat of the mind, which, when it has laid hold of the sure gospel hope of eternal life, will not receive false doctrine or give way to Satan’s temptations. The unsaved person has no hope of warding off the blows of false doctrine because he is without the helmet of salvation and his mind is incapable of discerning between spiritual truth and spiritual deception (2 Sam.22:3).
6. Sword of the Spirit: This is the word of God which is both the offensive and the defensive weapon for victorious living (Ps.107-20; Heb.4:12).
7. Prayer: We cannot neglect prayer, as it is the means by which we draw spiritual strength from God. Without prayer, without reliance upon God, our efforts at spiritual warfare are empty and futile. (1 Thess.5:17; James 5:16).
OTHER WEAPONS FOR SPIRITUAL WARFARE
The power of praise, worship and thanksgiving is undeniable as it can defeat the enemies without physical combat (2 Chron.20:15, 22-24). The name of Jesus is another strong weapon which should be supported by a personal relationship with God (Phil. 2:9-11: Prov. 18:10; 1Sam. 17:45). Also, the blood of Jesus Christ provides victory over all our enemies. (Rev.12:11). The personal testimony of the followers of Christ is a highly charged weapon connecting Christians to God’s grace and each other (Rev.12:11).
Each testimony speaks of God’s presence and of the transforming power that defeats the enemy and inspires hope in the downtrodden. Christian fasting is an amazing tool of the believer for spiritual warfare in breaking bondage and setting the captives free (lsa.58:6; Matt.17:21). We do not often think of unity as a spiritual weapon, but it was one of the great weapons the early church employed when praying for Peter’s deliverance from prison (Acts 12:5). Also, Jesus promised His disciples and all believers answered prayers whenever they are in agreement (Matt. 18:19).
CONCLUSION: Every battle belongs to the Lord. Engage God always and He will give you victory.
1. List seven (7) whole armours of God
known to you.
2. Mention other weapons for spiritual warfare.
FURTHER READING: MON: 2 Chron.20:15-26. TUE: 2 Cor.10:3-6. WED: Phil. 2:3-11. THUR: Matt.18:18-20. FRI: 1Thess. 5:16-22. SAT: 2 Sam.22:1-10. SUN: Heb.12:1-4.
ASSIGNMENT: Mention any five (5) of the ways the devil attacks a believer.
Click To Read Powerful Devotional:
JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE