RCCG Sunday School Teens Teacher Manual 13th of March 2022
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2021/2022
AGE 13-19 TEACHERS’ MANUAL
SUNDAY 13TH OF MARCH, 2021
LESSON TWENTY-EIGHT (28)
TOPIC: DESIRE GOD’S BLESSING
RCCG Sunday School Teens Teacher Manual 13th of March 2022 | Lesson 28
Bible Text: Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
HYMN FOR TODAY: As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after you
MEMORY VERSE: ‘As the deer pants for water, so I long for you.O God. I thirst for God, the living God. Where can I find him to come and stand before him?’ Psalm 42:1-2
LESSON AIM: Teenagers will know why they need God’s blessing.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Our desires for God’s blessing shall be granted because God’s delight is for us to experience and enjoy His all-round blessing
Lesson 28: RCCG Sunday School Teens Teacher Manual 13th of March 2022
INTRODUCTION: God’s blessing is the all-encompassing protection, wisdom, favour, abundance, grace, peace, ability, joy, prosperity, health, freedom, glory of the Lord that rest upon us and on whatever we lay our hands to do to deliver to us a truly blessed life. According to Genesis 49:25, God’s blessing can be categorized into three levels, the blessings of heaven above, the blessings of the earth and the blessings of human being, It is only through God that we can experience these levels of blessings as we live constantly desiring His blessings
A. The three levels of God’s blessing (Gen 49:25)
1. Blessings of heaven above: Eph. 1:3, Matt.26:64, John 6:32. Our Lord Jesus Christ brought the blessings of heaven to us through His death and resurrection. When you accept Him as your Lord and savior, you will begin to enjoy heavenly blessings.
2. Blessings of the deep that lies under (the earth: land, waterbodies, etc): Gen. 2:15, Psalm 67:5. When you are diligent to tend the earth and keep it by doing your work, then the earth will yield its increase.
3. Blessings of human beings: Heb 7:1, Deut 33:1, Prov 3:4. The product of the womb is man (male and female) and God can bestow His blessings upon you through man.
B. How do we receive God’s blessing?
1. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, be born again. Eph. 2:6, John 3:3
2. By putting your trust and hope in the Lord. Jer. 17:7-8
3. By living a life of holiness free of sin. Psalm 24:4-5
4. By not placing anything or anyone above God in your life (Idol worship)
5. By making God’s word our delight. Psalm 1:2
6. By keeping the right association. Psalm 1:1; Psalm 1:3
7. By being diligent and hardworking. Gen. 2:15, Prov. 22:29. Psalm 1:3
8. By persistently desiring God’s blessing. Matt 11:12, Col. 3:1
- RCCG Sunday School Teens Teacher Manual 13th of March 2022
C. Why should we desire God’s blessing?
1. It makes our lives desirable to us and others. Gen 39:5
2. It makes witnessing about our Lord Jesus to others effective,
3. It makes us to come into our possession. Deut. 33:23
4. There is no sorrow in the Lord’s blessing. Prov. 10:22
5. In His blessing, we receive His presence, peace, protection and prosperity. Num.6:24-26
DISCUSSION: If God’s plan is for us to enjoy God’s blessing, why does it feel like some are not enjoying this blessing? Let them discuss it. RCCG Sunday School Teens Teacher Manual 13th of March 2022
INVITATION/APPLICATION: The desires of the righteous shall be granted Prov. 10:24. Your desires for God’s blessings are legitimate; but the question is ‘are you in right standing with the Lord’?
CONCLUSION: The truth is that God whose desire is to bless us has made provision for any kind of blessing we may desire of Him, all we need to do is to match our desire with our decision for Jesus Christ and His righteousness.
Prayer Point: Father, help me to persistently desire God’s blessing and live a righteous life.
Ask them – What is God saying in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: