Rick Warren Daily Hope for Wednesday 1st February 2023
Welcome to Today’s Rick Warren Devotional (Daily Hope) for 1st February 2023. The Word of God is food to the spirit man. Read and digest the word of the Lord for today and see how powerfully it will impact you.
Topic: When God Appoints You, He Anoints You
Today’s Scripture: “The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:24 (NIV)
God never asks you to do something without providing what you need to do it. Anointing is a sign of God’s equipping and empowering you to fulfill an assignment he’s given you.
Do you want God’s resurrection power to work through your life? Then you need to understand what it means to have his anointing. To understand God’s anointing, you need to keep a few things in mind.
1. When God says to do it, you can count on his anointing. Jesus’ last assignment to his disciples was impossible. There was no way they could possibly take the Gospel to the ends of the Earth. It could only happen through his power. God will often give you an assignment that looks physically impossible, but he will make it possible.
“The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it” (1 Thessalonians 5:24 NIV).
2. God’s anointing makes difficult tasks easier. Your resources, energy, knowledge, wisdom, and talent are all limited—but God is not. With God’s anointing, you can handle things better, last longer, and go farther.
“I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources [God] will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit” (Ephesians 3:16 NLT).
3. God’s anointing makes the impossible possible. In your business, marriage, health, and relationships, you’re going to come up against seemingly insurmountable problems. God is a competent Father. No problem is beyond his ability to provide.
“What is impossible with man is possible with God” (Luke 18:27 NIV).
- MFM Devotional 1st February 2023: The Mystery of First Fruit Offering
- NSPPD Live 1st February 2023 || Oh Lord Show Me Mercy
- Daily Mass Readings 1st February 2023, Wednesday
4. God anoints your life to bless others. Jesus came to comfort the afflicted, blind, broken-hearted, and those who are enslaved to bad habits. And he anoints you to comfort others as well.
“Jesus arrived from Nazareth, anointed by God with the Holy Spirit, ready for action. He went through the country helping people and healing everyone who was beaten down by the Devil. He was able to do all this because God was with him” (Acts 10:38 The Message).
5. For every new challenge, you need renewed power from God. Anointing by the Holy Spirit cannot be stored up. You cannot handle today’s problems with yesterday’s anointing. You certainly can’t handle the problems you’re going to have tomorrow, next week, and next year with yesterday’s anointing.
Stay in touch with God so that he can constantly fill you with his grace, love, and power. James 4:2 says, “You do not have because you do not ask God” (NIV). Ask for God’s anointing again!