Scripture Union Daily Guide 19 November 2022 | Devotional
Do You Know That? Daily Guide Reading is published by Scripture Union Press & Books Ltd, an arm of Scripture Union Nigeria. Daily Guide is a true nondenominational, interdenominational Christian Bible engagement/reading aid – meditate on the Bible without denominational colorations. May the Lord bless you as you study!
Today’s Topic: The mockery of the wicked
Opening Prayer: Let me know more of you today dear Lord as I meditate on your word.
Scripture: Psalm 35:15‐28
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Other Daily Devotionals You Can Read Today:
- Dr. Charles Stanley In Touch Devotional for 16 November 2022
- John Hagee Devotional 16 November 2022 – Wednesday
- 16 November 2022 UCB Word For Today Devotional
Today’s Outline For Scripture Union Daily Guide 19 November 2022
David does not relent seeking for justice from God. What prayer does he raise before the Lord (vs.17, 22‐25)? Notice how the enemies seize and capitalize on his weakest moment (vs.15‐16). Where does David turn to for help? Like the psalmist, we also have our weak moments; times when we perhaps fail God, ourselves and those around us. What can you learn from David as the appropriate response in such moments? His constant expression of faith in the Lord is noteworthy (vs.18, 28).
When facing a great disappointment or in serious pain, it is easy to lose hope, thinking that God would never answer our prayers. This is because we desire God’s immediate intervention. Yet, God answers at the most appropriate time. He is all knowing. He is all wise. He cares deeply for His children. We can always confidently wait for His intervention. He is our present help in trouble.
Indeed, David affirms this when he echoes God’s invitation in Psalm 50:15, “?call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour me.” and testifies elsewhere, “When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me” (Psalm 86:7).
So what? Repose your confidence on the Lord no matter the situation knowing that He is able and faithful.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Dear Lord, save me from the mockery of my enemies.
Prayer for the week
• Pray for a heart that forgive wrongs. Ask God to enlarge your heart to forgive offences as you pray for the repentance of the offenders. Believe God to heal the hurts and pains so you can forget as you forgive.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
Isaiah 49:8; Luke 21, 22; Romans 12; Psalms 124