Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 6 May 2021 – Rejoicing In God’s House
You are reading Today’s SU Daily Guide Devotional for 6th May 2021. May the entrance of His word give you Light and Understanding. Amen
TOPIC: REJOICING IN GOD’S HOUSE (Daily Guide 5th May 2021)
Opening Prayer: Plant my steps in the sure promises of your word today, dear Lord.
Scripture: 1 Chronicles. 15:16-29
Question(s) for Reflection:
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
SCRIPTURE UNION SU DAILY GUIDE 6TH MAY 2021 TODAY STUDY
Try to picture the worship team and the praise party that went for the Ark. David and the leadership would have chosen those who were gifted and proficient enough to lead in the worship (v.16). How many groups of ministers can you identify in vs.17–24? There are different gifts in the church, and all are needed. No gift is superior, and none is inferior.
Our gifts should be complementary and should be used to serve others for God’s glory (see 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 Peter 4: 10–11). However, there are individuals who are especially gifted, and they should be recognised and given special responsibilities (v.22). King David danced before the Lord and celebrated His goodness but notice Michal’s reaction (v.29).
She felt ‘too dignified’ by her own assessment to worship God freely and rather judged and condemned David for the way he worshipped God – too undignified for a king. See 2 Samuel 6:20-23 for the full story and the consequence of her pride. We need to consider our reaction or response to the move of God in the church and in our midst.
• And So? How do we worship God? Jesus reminds us that we must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Spend time to praise and worship God. • Pray against sexual exploitation and religious intimidation in IDP/refugee camps; pray for the Christians among them to withstand such pressures; also ask for adequate provision and protection in these facilities.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Num. 23-25; Matt. 1
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 6 May 2021. God bless you!