Open Heaven 31 July 2019 Devotional – Faith, Obedience & Miracles
TODAY’S TOPIC: FAITH, OBEDIENCE & MIRACLES
MEMORISE: “His mother saith unto the servants, whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.” – (John 2:5).
READ: John 2:1-11 (KJV)
1. And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there;
2. And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
5. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
6. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
7. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
8. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
9. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was; (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
10. And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse; but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
11. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
Open Heaven 31 July 2019 Devotional – MESSAGE:
Miracles are simply God’s supernatural interventions in the natural world, which suspends the law of nature. God performs miracles to show His sovereignty over His created world. In other words, through miracles, He shows that none of His creations can stand in His way whenever he decides to do anything. For example, contrary to the laws of nature, Sarah got pregnant and had a child after she had passed the age of child bearing (Genesis 21:1-8).
Unfortunately, many people who desire miracles are not ready to fulfill the requirements that bring among their manifestation, and so their desire remains a mirage. How do we unlock the door to the miraculous? The topic of today’s devotional gives insights into this. Firstly, we must have a life that is pleasing to God if we want His supernatural intervention in our lives, and we please God when we live by faith.
The Bible categorically says in Hebrews 11:6a: “But without faith it is impossible to please him:”
The world ‘faith’ has a deeper meaning than many people imagine. For example, it is a lack of faith in God that makes people sin. Adam and Eve lacked faith in the One who placed them in the Garden of Eden and told them what to eat and what not to eat. They doubted God’s integrity and believed the lie of the devil, thereby falling straight into sin. Due to the presence of sin, God’s supernatural intervention, which hitherto made thing happen easily for them, departed from their lives. Beloved, Jesus say to you today, “Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22).
Today: Open Heaven 31 July 2019 Devotional
Another key which unlocks the miraculous is obedience to the word of God. As a matter of fact, disobedience is the by-product of having no faith. When a person lacks faith in God, the tendency is there for the fellow to disobey God with impunity. You can hardly obey the fellow you do not have faith in. it is therefore ironic that the miracle-working God is being disobeyed by those seeking His miracles. From experience, Jesus’ mother knew the link between obedience and walking in the miraculous, and so she said in John 2:5b: “Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it”.
When the servants did what Jesus Christ instructed them to do, they experienced the miraculous. Other examples abound in the Bible which show the connection between faith and obedience on the one hand and between obedience and miracles on the other hand. The story of Naaman is another good example in this regard (2 Kings 5:1-14). Beloved, if you desire to open the door to the miraculous in your life, have faith in the God of miracles and obey Him completely.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 12-14, Ezekiel 25:8-26:6
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 31 July 2019 Devotional – Faith, Obedience & Miracles written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points6 days ago
RCCG 2020 Fasting And Prayer Points for 18 January day 8
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points7 days ago
RCCG 2020 Fasting Prayer Points 17 January day 7
Winners' Chapel Fasting And Prayer Points3 days ago
Winners 21-Day Prayer and Fasting Points 21 January 2020 – Day 16
Joel Osteen Daily Devotional3 days ago
Joel Osteen 21 January 2020 Devotional – Check Your Soil
Open Heaven3 days ago
Open Heaven 21 January 2020 Devotional – Children Of God Are Peacemakers 2