Open Heaven 10 August 2019 – Circumcision of the Heart, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: Circumcision Of The Heart
MEMORISE: “Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.” – (Act 7:51)
READ: Acts 2:36-41 (KJV)
36. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized; and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Open Heaven 10 August 2019 – MESSAGE:
Circumcision of the heart speaks of internal consecration to godliness. It implies deep reference for God which produces a practical awareness of Him in every aspect of one’s life, bringing about the desire to always do his will. Circumcision of the heart permeates every aspect of a person’s life, including appearance, speech and actions.
A circumcised or consecrated person will always transmit and radiate godliness, so much so that anyone who comes in contact with him or her will immediately feel the presence of God. Just as God mandated the Israelite to be circumcised in their bodies and hearts before approaching His tabernacle (Ezekiel 44:9), those who are members of the body of Christ have the responsibility of keeping anything that is abominable or polluting away from God’s holy altar in their hearts.
Speaking on this, Titus 2:11-12 says, “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world;”
Furthermore, circumcision of the heart indicates the level of consecration or sanctification of a child of God (Romans 2:29). The Bible in a few cases used the term “walking with God” to reflect the level of the consecration of some fathers of faith.
Today: Open Heaven 10 August 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
One example is Enoch, of whom the Bible in Genesis 5:24 says: “And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him”
Noah is another example of one who walked with God in perfection (Genesis 6:9). Other great example is Simeon, Anna (Luke 2:25, Luke 2:37).their lives teach us that our heart must be circumcised if we are to know God and be known by Him.
One characteristic of a circumcised heart is contentment (1 Timothy 6:6). God expect His children to be pleased with whatever He has blessed them with spiritually, physically, financially and materially. The Bible also teaches that godly sorrow for sin committed is another sign of circumcised heart (Joel 2:13).
A circumcised heart produces a godly life whose benefit cannot be overemphasized. (1 Timothy 4:8) tells us that godliness is profitable unto all things, but in this life and in eternity. Today’s memory verse states that the uncircumcised in heart have the habit of always resisting the Holy Spirit. In other words, an uncircumcised heart is the root of all acts of disobedience and apostasy among children of God. Is your heart circumcised?
PRAYER POINT: Father, please circumcise my heart and make me obedient to your word in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 8-9, Ezekiel 32:1-15
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 10 August 2019 – Circumcision of the Heart, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with someone.