Open Heaven 30 August 2019 – The Power Of The Tongue, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE POWER OF THE TONGUE
MEMORISE: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” – (Proverbs 18:21)
READ: Numbers 13:25-33 (KJV)
25. And they returned from searching of the land after forty days.
26. And they went and came to Moses, and to Aaron, and to all the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the wilderness of Paran, to Kadesh; and brought back word unto them, and unto all the congregation, and shewed them the fruit of the land.
27. And they told him, and said, We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it.
28. Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great; and moreover we saw the children of Anak there.
29. The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south; and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains; and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan.
30. And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
31. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.
32. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.
33. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
Open Heaven 30 August 2019 – MESSAGE:
A person’s words have enormous influence for good or evil and are a sure indicator of the person’s character. The impact of our speech cannot be over emphasized, for the Bible makes it clear that a man’s speech has the power of life and death (Proverbs 18:21), and is also capable of bringing success or misfortune to the speaker, as shown in Proverbs 12:13-14, which says: “The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth…”
Job 19:2 reveals that a person’s speech can destroy others, but it also has the capability to give life to its hearers (Isaiah 50:4). You can easily identify the righteous by their speech. In Isaiah 50:4, this category of people are referred to as “the learned”. ‘Learned’ in this sense does not refer to legal practice, it rather refers to those who are knowledgeable in God’s word. Such people do not speak carelessly. They understand the weight of words and use their words effectively, knowing that someday, they will have to account for every idle word they have spoken. Whenever they open their mouth, a bit of what is stored within them comes forth, in line with Matthew 12:34b, which says:
“For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”
For those who are genuinely saved, our speech and actions are controlled by God’s word that is hidden in our hearts Psalm 37:30-31 says: “The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.”
When God’s word fills your heart, your mouth will open in wisdom. This is why the righteous take out time to hide God’s word in their heart, and their words are like food to the hearers. If you sit by a righteous man for counseling, what you will hear within a few minutes will put you on the right path. Even the foolish hear the words of salvation from them. The sick receive words of healing, while the hopeless receive encouragement from them. You cannot listen to a righteous man or woman and not be impacted. No wonder his mouth is called a well of life (Proverbs 10:11).
Today: Open Heaven 30 August 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
There is a fountain of goodness in the righteous, so that whenever they open their mouth, living waters flow out of it. The righteous is a source of inspiration, and his words feed the faith of others, directing them to the path of righteousness. You need to be conscious of the manner of speech you produce. As a child of God, please watch your tongue. Wise children of God must learn to use the power in their tongue effectively to pull down the strongholds of the devil in their lives and family. I pray that your tongue will begin to yield fruits of peace and prosperity from this day in the Name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT: Father, help me to use my tongue to promote the cause of your kingdom in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 17-18, Ezekiel 42:1-14
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 30 August 2019 – The Power Of The Tongue, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with someone.
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points6 days ago
RCCG November 2019 30 Days Fasting Prayer Points
DCLM Daily Manna5 days ago
DCLM Daily Manna 8 November 2019 Devotional – Unfailing Cruse
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points6 days ago
RCCG November 2019 30 Days Fasting Prayer Points Day 7
Joel Osteen Daily Devotional6 days ago
Joel Osteen 7 November 2019 Devotional – Who You Are
Our Daily Bread5 days ago
Our Daily Bread 8 November 2019 – That Was Awesome!