Open Heaven 12 November 2019 – Desirous Of A Higher Level? by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: DESIROUS OF A HIGHER LEVEL?
MEMORISE: “But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.” – (Daniel 1:8)
READ: Daniel 3:14-18, Daniel 3:28-30 (KJV)
14. Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
15. Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well; but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
28. Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
29. Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill; because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30. Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 12 November 2019
It is only natural for every human being to desire to attain a higher position, output or level of productivity in every sphere of endeavour. However, it is sad that not everyone is ready to pay the price needed to attain this higher level. Do you desire to go higher in your pursuits in life? Anyone who desires advancement in their career, ministry, business or academics must acknowledge that in God’s created order, you cannot expect an output where there is no input. In other words, there is a price to pay to obtain anything good in life.
In today’s memory verse, we have a good example in Daniel who desired to make excellent strides in his pursuits. When he and his friends were enrolled in the University of Babylon, they immediately determined in their hearts that they would graduate with first class honours and distinctions, even though they were in a strange land.
To Daniel and his colleagues, it was necessary for them to defer the delicacies and luxurious lifestyle of a ministry-in-making. The result of their goals is clearly seen in Daniel 1:20, which says: “And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.”
Our Bible reading further tells us about the price paid by three of Daniel’s colleagues before they were promoted to higher levels of their profession. The king they served had decreed that all his subjects must worship his graven image, but Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego declined to do so because they served a God who alone is worth of worship.
That decision was to cost them their lives, but rather than being bothered by this, they boasted of the saving power of their God, going further to tell the king that even if their God decided to take them home through the furnace, it would be better than bowing to a lifeless image made by men. The story ended with this great report in Daniel 3:30, saying:
“Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.”
God is looking for those who will take a stand for Him. Will He find you doing so in this world that pushes godliness to the background? Are you ready to stand on the principles of the Bible in a world controlled by the philosophy of men? The decision is yours to make. If people like Esther and the apostles of old could do it, you can do it too, and God will be glorified in your life.
Father, please take me to a higher level in all my life’s pursuits in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 9:12, Joel 2:18:32
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 12 November 2019 – Desirous Of A Higher Level? by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with someone.