DCLM Daily Manna 23rd February 2020 Devotional – Be Courageous written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: BE COURAGEOUS
TEXT: Joshua 1:1-9
1. Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying,
2. Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee; I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6. Be strong and of a good courage; for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee; turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
8. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
KEY VERSE DCLM Daily Manna 23 February 2020 Devotional:
“Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” (Joshua 1:9)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 23rd February 2020 Devotional:
Courage is a contagious virtue, but discouragement and despair are strong weapons in the hand of Satan to destabilise and derail a seemingly mighty strategist. Many mighty men have lost the battles of life in moments of discouragement and despair.
So, add to your faith courage to have good success. Joshua was a brilliant military strategist, a warrior and a special assistant to Moses before the latter died. God told him to take over the leadership of Israel to lead them to the Promised Land. He repeatedly encouraged Joshua to be strong and be of good courage.
Change is a natural occurrence in life. Times of difficulty, depression and dire needs often come and go. These periods of crises and challenges are not strange to men and women of God in every generation. Standing on the promises of God courageously is the only panacea when believers are faced with illness, fear, discouragement, disappointment and seemingly overwhelming tasks and circumstances of life.
The exit of one person does not necessarily close the chapter of God’s promises for His own people.
Moses’ death was a great blow to Joshua and the nation of Israel. Joshua needed courage to move ahead and fulfil God’s instruction for his life because he was afraid to lead a rebellious nation like Israel.
Courage is the bedrock of success or achievement in life. Only those with persistence, faith and courage can obey divine instructions when the task seems impossible. Absolute dependence on God moves Him to pour His grace upon us and we are empowered to achieve great things.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Courage is like a propeller that moves the engine.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 17-19
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 23rd February 2020 Devotional – Be Courageous. Please share this with others.