Open Heaven 17th May 2020 Devotional – The Sure Foundation by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE SURE FOUNDATION
MEMORISE: “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” – (2 Timothy 2:19)
READ: Matthew 7:21-27 (KJV)
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock;
- Open Heaven 17th May 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
25. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not; for it was founded upon a rock.
26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand;
27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell; and great was the fall of it.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 17th May 2020 Devotional
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” – Romans 10:17
I cannot overstate the importance of the word of God in the life of a believer. Romans 10:14-17 emphasizes this and also reveals the need of preachers in the world today. We need witnesses so the faith of people can be built on the sure foundation of the word of God.
Today, while some preachers minister as oracles of God; others do so as orators teaching human philosophy and traditions of men. Paul warned against this in (1 Timothy 1:4,7) and (Titus 1:14). Today’s memory verse tells us clearly why we must be careful of any teaching that does not warn against sin. Such is not from God.
Living by this foundation keeps you from sin. Today’s Bible reading has many lessons for us.
– First, it is wisdom to walk according to the word of God. Some people will say the Bible is too old to offer solutions to the present world issues but what did Jesus say concerning the word of God? He said “For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled” (Matthew 5:18).
– There will be trials and persecutions against your faith. However, Gods word is a sure anchor. Jesus assures that a house built on the sure foundation of the word of God shall stand.
– It is foolishness to equate the word of man with the word of God. The word of man has no sure foundation, therefore, any house built on human philosophy will crumble in the face of a storm.
Beloved, are you building your house of faith on the solid and infallible word of God or on the sandy soil of the ideology of man? Think about it now and take a decision to walk only by Gods word.
ACTION POINT: Open Heaven 17th May 2020 Devotional
Decide that from today, you will be more devoted to studying the word of God and living by it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 26, 40, 58, 61-62, 64
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 17th May 2020 Devotional – The Sure Foundation by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.