DCLM Daily Manna 4th June 2020 Devotional – Covenant Keeper by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: COVENANT KEEPER
KEY VERSE: “Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.” – (Ezekiel 16:60)
TEXT: Ezekiel 16:53-63
53. When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them;
54. That thou mayest bear thine own shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort unto them.
55. When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.
56. For thy sister Sodom was not mentioned by thy mouth in the day of thy pride,
57. Before thy wickedness was discovered, as at the time of thy reproach of the daughters of Syria, and all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines, which despise thee round about.
58. Thou hast borne thy lewdness and thine abominations, saith the LORD.
59. For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant.
60. Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
61. Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger; and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.
62. And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD;
63. That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord GOD.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 4th June 2020 Devotional
One inescapable truth about humans is their inability to always keep their word or fulfil their promises. Man lacks the capacity to honour his word every time regardless of his good intentions and noble desires. This is because man is limited. But the almighty God is not so. He is faithful and always true to His word and promises.
God promised the descendant of Abraham the Promised Land and with a stretched-forth hand, brought them out of Egypt and took them to Canaan. He required them to obey His commandments and not be like heathen nations. Israel rebelled and committed abominations, idolatry and whoredom like heathen nations.
God sentenced them to suffer the consequences of their lewdness and abominations because they broke the covenant. Nevertheless, the Lord will remember His covenant with Israel and establish a better and everlasting covenant.
The measure of God’s amazing faithfulness is that He is absolutely reliable and dependable. Events have shown time and again that God and His words are eternally constant. Time does not change Him, nor does His words become less relevant or obsolete. According to His promise, salvation and holy living have been made available to all who will believe.
The merciful God is ever ready to forgive the repentant sinner who genuinely comes to Him. He does not bear His anger forever. He forgives and forgets. Israel repeatedly failed Him; yet, whenever they realised and sincerely asked for pardon, they were forgiven.
Trust God for your salvation, sustained sanctification and holy living. When everything and everyone else fail you, God will not. He is a covenant Keeper and His word will not be unaccomplished in your life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Time does not change God or His word.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 1-2
Thanks for reading today’s DCLM Daily Manna 4th June 2020 Devotional – Covenant Keeper by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.