DCLM Daily Manna 16th August 2020 Sunday Devotional – You Can Bring Joy To Heaven by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: YOU CAN BRING JOY TO HEAVEN
TEXT: Luke 15:1-10
1. Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
2. And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3. And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
4. What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5. And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
8. Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
9. And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
KEY VERSE: “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” – (Luke 15:7)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 16th August 2020 Sunday Devotional
Many times, we are so self-centred and self-consumed that we lose sight of the real essence of the Christian life. When we pray, it is for us to receive blessings from God. When we do good to others, it is for us to be commended. When we go to church, it is for us to be recognised as followers of Jesus Christ. We leave little or no room for God or for other people.
But if we hope to worship God acceptably and please Him well, we must go beyond our selfish needs and desires. This is the message the Lord Jesus Christ was conveying in our passage. He had been observed in the company of sinners by the religious leaders of His time who were appalled that He had chosen such friends. Knowing their thoughts, Jesus, speaking in parables, asked if any of them with 100 sheep would not leave 99 sheep and go in search of one lamb that strays from the flock.
Or anyone of them who possess ten pieces of silver and loses one, would not search strenuously until he finds the missing coin. He then emphasised that there is joy in heaven and in the presence of the angels of God for every sinner that repents from his sins more than for those that have no need of repentance.
We are saved and made citizens of the kingdom of God not just for our own happiness and blessings alone, but to become instruments that would bring joy in heaven by seeking those lost in sin and trespasses and bringing them to faith and salvation in Christ. This is the heartbeat of the Almighty and it gladdens His heart and brightens heaven each time a new name enters the Book of Life.
What a glorious thing it is for us to put smile on the face of God, our Father and to give angels cause for celebration in heaven! It is the most satisfying work you can ever accomplish here on earth.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Those that turn others to righteousness shall shine as the stars for ever and ever.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi is the Founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Kilometre 42 on the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. He is the author of several books. Through DCLM Daily Manna Devotional reading, he has touched millions of people and has brought them closer to God.
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 16th August 2020 Sunday Devotional – You Can Bring Joy To Heaven by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this topic with your friends.