29 November 2022 UCB Word For Today Devotional
ABOUT UCB: United Christian Broadcasters is a Christian media charity that exists to offer every person, in every place, every moment of the day, the opportunity to hear, watch or read the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.
Read Today’s UCB Word For Today Daily Devotional for Tuesday 29th November 2022.
TOPIC: Ask God for wisdom
Scripture: ‘If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God.’ James 1:5 NIV
Solomon said: ‘Sell everything and buy Wisdom! Forage for Understanding! Don’t forget one word! Don’t deviate an inch! Never walk away from Wisdom – she guards your life; love her – she keeps her eye on you. Above all and before all, do this: Get Wisdom! Write this at the top of your list: Get Understanding! Throw your arms around her – believe me, you won’t regret it’ (Proverbs 4:5-8 MSG).
There are many ways to gain wisdom:
1) Gleaning from the collective knowledge of others. ‘By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom’ (Proverbs 13:10 NKJV).
2) Thinking outside the box. Statements like, ‘This is the way we have always done things around here,’ warrant scrutiny when they’re used to defend ways that no longer work.
3) Writing down and reflecting on what you have learned through experience.
4) Not rushing to closure. Growth is always a work in progress. Creativity is untidy and can be unnerving. The ability to stay focused and faith filled in the midst of change is a hallmark of growth and maturity.
But the ultimate source of wisdom is God’s Word! ‘For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding’ (Proverbs 2:6 NKJV). ‘The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy’ (James 3:17 NKJV). ‘I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you’ (Psalm 32:8 NKJV).
Refuse to live an unexamined life. Refuse to live an uncommitted life. Refuse to live an unguided life. Today, ask God for wisdom.
Bible Reading: Daniel 8-10, 1 John 2
- NSPPD 29 NOVEMBER 2022 LIVE WITH PASTOR JERRY EZE
- Rhapsody of Realities For Today 29 November 2022
- Scripture Union Daily Guide 29 November 2022 | Devotional
- Daily Prayer and Bible Verse 29 November 2022 (Tuesday)
- Streams in the Desert 29 November 2022 | Devotional for Monday