Anglican Daily Fountain 13th May 2021 Devotional – Ascension Of Jesus
Read Anglican Daily Fountain DEVOTIONAL for Thursday 13 May 2021. Remain blessed!
TOPIC: ASCENSION OF JESUS
TEXTS: Luke 24:49-53(NKJV)
49. “Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”
50. And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them.
51. Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven.
52. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
53. and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. Amen.
TODAY’S ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN 13 MAY 2021 DEVOTIONAL STUDY
The ascension of Jesus is a major tenet of the faith of Christians. Somehow, it is not given the prominence it deserves in the church. His ascension is proof that He conquered every enemy and that He reigns supremely far above all (Eph. 1:18-23). Christ returned to heaven and sat on the throne of glory (Jn. 17:5, 11). The last thing He did as He was ascending was to bless His people and this spontaneously aroused worship from them.
The two always go together. As we truly worship Him, He will pour His blessings upon us. Before their very eyes, Jesus ascended (Acts 1:9). They were looking intently as He ascended, and suddenly, angels stood before them and said that this same Jesus would return, the same way that He had ascended. The Apostles remained in the temple as instructed by Jesus and they were empowered by the Holy Spirit (Acts. 2:14)
There is always a need to wait on the Lord to be empowered before embarking on any assignment given by Him. The need for the impartation of the power of the Holy Spirit cannot be over- emphasised. It takes a Christian far in the journey of faith a enables him experience Victory over all the powers of darkness. Live every day in the consciousness that Jesus will return again to rapture His Church and judge the world.
Prayer: Ask for fresh filling of the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 13th May 2021 Devotional. God bless you!