Anglican Daily Fountain 20 November 2021 | Cost of Following and Preaching Christ
Welcome to Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Saturday 20th November 2021. God bless you as you study today. Kindly share with other people.
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN 20 NOVEMBER 2021 DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: COST OF FOLLOWING AND PREACHING CHRIST
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 2:1 – 8(NKJV)
1. For you yourselves know, brethren, that our coming to you was not in vain.
2. But even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much conflict.
3. For our exhortation [did] not [come] from error or uncleanness, nor [was it] in deceit.
4. But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
5. For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness — God [is] witness.
6. Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
7. But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing [mother] cherishes her own children.
8. So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
Anglican Daily Fountain Today | STUDY:
In his epistles to the Corinthians, M Cor. 4:10-16; 2 Cor. 11;24-28) Paul enumerated his sufferings while preaching the gospel. The cost of following/preaching Christ includes self-denial, bearing the cross daily, humiliation, deprivation, affliction and even death (LK. 9:23; Matt. 16:24). Paul and Silas suffered much opposition from the Jews when they planted the church at Thessalonica in about 54 AD. A particular case was mentioned of Jason whose house was invaded by the evil men in search of Paul and Silas. He and other believers were assaulted (Acts 17:5-9).
In spite of all these, the apostles and believers were neither discouraged nor gave up the preaching of the gospel. They were bold in their preaching; their exhortations were not of deceit their messages were neither of covetousness (vv. 2-5). They did not seek for self-glory or become a burden to the Thessalonian church. True followers of Christ must suffer for Him. There is no crown without the Cross. You as a child of God should therefore prepare your mind to carry your cross and follow Christ.
In the face of the present world crises and challenges, your eyes must, like those of the apostles of old, be focused on Christ so you will run your race to a conclusive end.
Prayer: Oh God, help me to be a true follower of Christ not minding the cost in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain | Cost of Following and Preaching Christ
Click To Read Powerful Devotional:
JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE