Anglican Daily Fountain 23rd July 2021 – Put No Confidence In The Flesh
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FRIDAY 23 JULY 2021
TOPIC: PUT NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH
TEXT: Philippians 3:1 -6(NKJV)
1. Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you [is] not tedious, but for you [it is] safe.
2. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
3. For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
4. though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so:
5. circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, [of] the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee;
6. concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Anglican Daily Fountain 23 July 2021 Devotional Study
There is no doubt that Apostle Paul was a scholar of no mean stature. He was also a man to be reckoned with in the Jewish community of his time. His credentials as we read in the passage this morning are intimidating. In every way. Paul had reasons to boast and raise his shoulders higher above his contemporaries But he did not make any of his achievements and historical background the basis for his confidence. He did not rely on them but counted them as loss (v.7).
He did not put his confidence in the flesh. Beloved in Christ, this is the way our Lord Jesus wants us to live. He does not want us to rely on our certificate or family history and comfort. It is painful to see that many people today glory in their jobs, wealth, position and connections. Many celebrate their achievements and make them the basis for their living. Paul did not glory in whatever life could afford him but in winning the Lord.
Getting to know more of Jesus Christ was his primary concern and commitment each day. We are also expected to do likewise, by not depending on what we have but desiring more of God every day. We must always develop the burning desire to get closer to the Lord.
Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to desire You above all that life can offer in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.
Thank you for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 23rd July 2021 – Put No Confidence In The Flesh. God bless you!