Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 September 2021 | We Shall Give Account
Welcome to Anglican Communion Daily Fountain Devotional for September 26th, 2021. May the Lord bless you through His Word in Jesus name, Amen! Kindly share this with other people.
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR SUNDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2021
TOPIC: WE SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT
TEXT: Matthew 25:14-30(NKJV)
14. ” For [the kingdom of heaven is] like a man traveling to a far country, [who] called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15. “And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16. “Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17. “And likewise he who [had received] two gained two more also.
18. “But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money.
19. “After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20. “So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’
21. “His lord said to him, ‘Well [done,] good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
22. “He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’
23. “His lord said to him ‘Well [done,] good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
24. “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25. ‘And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, [there] you have [what is] yours.’
26. “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27. ‘So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28. ‘Therefore take the talent from him, and give [it] to him who has ten talents.
29. ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30. ‘And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 September 2021 | STUDY:
From our text today, the Master has grouped his servants into three categories and given each servant talents to trade for him in his absence. This refers to the responsibilities the Lord gives his people in the light of their abilities and opportunities. No one receives more or less than he can handle. If anyone fails in this assignment, his excuse could not be that he was overwhelmed, rather it is because or laziness or lack of interest. The talents represent the resources we are given including time, gifts, opportunities, capacities, given connections, etc.,
According to our abilities, and until He returns, God expects us to invest them wisely for possible profit in serving Him and humanity. Hence, if we abandon them due to laziness and lack of interest or possibly persecution, we risk hearing, “depart from me, you wicked and lazy servant!” God relies on us in the use of these talents and we should not disappoint Him. He will return to measure our faithfulness to Him.
The first two servants received commendations from their master but the third servant received condemnation because he never put his talent to work. Put your talent to work today, no matter how small or big- there is a reward!
Prayer: Our father and my God, give me grace and opportunity to put to work Your investment upon my life in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 26 September 2021 | We Shall Give Account.
- Streams Of Joy 25 September 2021 Devotional Saturday | Pruned For Harvest
- MFM 70 Days Fasting And Prayer 25 September 2021 | Day 48
- Our Daily Bread 26 September 2021 Today | Rest Well
- Open Heaven 26 September 2021 Sunday | You Will Be Condemned!
- MFM Devotional 26 September 2021 Sunday | Sleeping On Duty 1