Anglican Daily Fountain 4 November 2022 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
DO YOU KNOW? You can be more inspired by reading other inspirational devotionals by great Authors. Click Link To Read: TODAY DEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: GOD IS THE REVEALER OF SECRETS
TEXT: Daniel 2: 1-24(NKJV)
1. Now in the second year of Nebuchadnezzar’s reign, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; and his spirit was [so] troubled that his sleep left him.
2. Then the king gave the command to call the magicians, the astrologers, the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans to tell the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.
3. And the king said to them, “I have had a dream, and my spirit is anxious to know the dream.”
4. Then the Chaldeans spoke to the king in Aramaic, “O king, live forever! Tell your servants the dream, and we will give the interpretation.”
5. The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, “My decision is firm: if you do not make known the dream to me, and its interpretation, you shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made an ash heap.
6. “However, if you tell the dream and its interpretation, you shall receive from me gifts, rewards, and great honor. Therefore tell me the dream and its interpretation.”
7. They answered again and said, “Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will give its interpretation.”
8. The king answered and said, “I know for certain that you would gain time, because you see that my decision is firm:
9. “if you do not make known the dream to me, [there is only] one decree for you! For you have agreed to speak lying and corrupt words before me till the time has changed. Therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that you can give me its interpretation.”
10. The Chaldeans answered the king, and said, “There is not a man on earth who can tell the king’s matter; therefore no king, lord, or ruler has [ever] asked such things of any magician, astrologer, or Chaldean.
11. “[It is] a difficult thing that the king requests, and there is no other who can tell it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.”
12. For this reason the king was angry and very furious, and gave a command to destroy all the wise [men] of Babylon.
13. So the decree went out, and they began killing the wise [men;] and they sought Daniel and his companions, to kill [them.]
14. Then with counsel and wisdom Daniel answered Arioch, the captain of the king’s guard, who had gone out to kill the wise [men] of Babylon;
15. he answered and said to Arioch the king’s captain, “Why is the decree from the king so urgent?” Then Arioch made the decision known to Daniel.
16. So Daniel went in and asked the king to give him time, that he might tell the king the interpretation.
- November 2, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Wednesday
- November 2, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Wednesday
- Rick Warren Daily Hope for Wednesday 2nd November 2022
- Chuck Swindoll Devotional 2 November 2022 || Insight For Today
- The Upper Room Devotional for 2nd November 2022
17. Then Daniel went to his house, and made the decision known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions,
18. that they might seek mercies from the God of heaven concerning this secret, so that Daniel and his companions might not perish with the rest of the wise [men] of Babylon.
19. Then the secret was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. So Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
20. Daniel answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His.
21. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding.
22. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what [is] in the darkness, And light dwells with Him.
23. “I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and might, And have now made known to me what we asked of You, For You have made known to us the king’s demand.”
24. Therefore Daniel went to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to destroy the wise [men] of Babylon. He went and said thus to him: “Do not destroy the wise [men] of Babylon; take me before the king, and I will tell the king the interpretation.”
TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN STUDY:
Consultation of ungodly mediums will not bring solution to troubling situations. King Nebuchadnezzar had a troubling dream and consulted his astrologers, magicians & soothsayers to tell him his dream and its interpretation but they could not. Daniel, a godly man, had the understanding that secret things belong to God, and are revealed to them that fear Him.
He asked for time from the king and together with his three Hebrew colleagues, prayed and in Daniel 2:18 -19, God revealed the secret to Daniel and he did not take the glory or make merchandise of it, but gave all the glory to God (Dan. 2:20 -23).God has not changed. In Jeremiah 33:3, He says, Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
In every sector of human existence, we need not to consult ungodly mediums for solution, but we have to consult God the custodian and revealer of secrets for solutions; and when He answers, we should not take the glory or make merchandise of it, but return it all to Him. We have to continually make ourselves available like Daniel to be used of God to reveal secrets.
PRAYER: My God, make me a vessel that you will use to reveal secrets in Jesus name. Amen.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 4 November 2022 (Devotional Today)