Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 2nd March 2021 – Disappointing The King
You are reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional Tuesday 2nd March 2021 written to inspire and bless your day. May the Lord bless you as you study in Jesus name, Amen.
TOPIC: DISAPPOINTING THE KING
Quote of the Day: “For You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” (2 Samuel 22:29)
TEXT: Esther 1:1-12(NKJV)
1. Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus (this [was] the Ahasuerus who reigned over one hundred and twenty-seven provinces, from India to Ethiopia),
2. in those days when King Ahasuerus sat on the throne of his kingdom, which [was] in Shushan the citadel,
3. [that] in the third year of his reign he made a feast for all his officials and servants — the powers of Persia and Media, the nobles, and the princes of the provinces [being] before him —
4. when he showed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the splendor of his excellent majesty for many days, one hundred and eighty days [in all.]
5. And when these days were completed, the king made a feast lasting seven days for all the people who were present in Shushan the citadel, from great to small, in the court of the garden of the king’s palace.
6. [There were] white and blue linen [curtains] fastened with cords of fine linen and purple on silver rods and marble pillars; [and the] couches [were] of gold and silver on a [mosaic] pavement of alabaster, turquoise, and white and black marble.
7. And they served drinks in golden vessels, each vessel being different from the other, with royal wine in abundance, according to the generosity of the king.
8. In accordance with the law, the drinking was not compulsory; for so the king had ordered all the officers of his household, that they should do according to each man’s pleasure.
9. Queen Vashti also made a feast for the women [in] the royal palace which [belonged] to King Ahasuerus.
10. On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus,
11. to bring Queen Vashti before the king, [wearing] her royal crown, in order to show her beauty to the people and the officials, for she [was] beautiful to behold.
12. But Queen Vashti refused to come at the king’s command [brought] by [his] eunuchs; therefore the king was furious, and his anger burned within him.
STUDY: Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 2nd March 2021
King Ahasuerus decided to show the richs of his glorious kingdom and the honour of his excellent majesty. A feast lasting 180 days was organised for this. Another 7 days feast was immediately organised to display the most cherished possessions of the king. The praparation for the 7 days feast was more costly than that of the 180 days.
This shows how important it was to the king. The expectations of the guests was high. Vashti was called to manifest her beauty and glory before the king and his guests. This would be the peak of the celebration for the king but for whatever reason, Vashti refused. This grieved the king so much.
Man is the best of God’s creation – the most expensive and most cherished. Of course, the earnest expectation of the creation awaits the manifestation of the sons of God. However, most of us have turned odwn the call of God n disobedience. We need to ask ourselves: Am I serving the purpose of my creator? What is it that has taken away my attention from pleasing God? Is God disappointed in me? How do I write my wrongs? It is too dangerous to incur the wrath of God.
PRAYER: May I not be a disappointment to you, Oh God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 2nd March 2021 – Disappointing The King. Please share this with other people.