DCLM Daily Manna 13th June 2022 | Monday Devotional
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Monday 13 June 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 13TH JUNE 2022 MONDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: SACREDNESS OF TREATIES
TEXT: Ezekiel 17:11-24
11. Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
12. Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
13. And hath taken of the king’s seed, and made a covenant with him, and hath taken an oath of him; he hath also taken the mighty of the land;
14. That the kingdom might be base, that it might not lift itself up, but that by keeping of his covenant it might stand.
15. But he rebelled against him in sending his ambassadors into Egypt, that they might give him horses and much people. Shall he prosper? shall he escape that doeth such things? or shall he break the covenant, and be delivered?
16. As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely in the place where the king dwelleth that made him king, whose oath he despised, and whose covenant he brake, even with him in the midst of Babylon he shall die.
17. Neither shall Pharaoh with his mighty army and great company make for him in the war, by casting up mounts, and building forts, to cut off many persons;
18. Seeing he despised the oath by breaking the covenant, when, lo, he had given his hand, and hath done all these things, he shall not escape.
19. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As I live, surely mine oath that he hath despised, and my covenant that he hath broken, even it will I recompense upon his own head.
20. And I will spread my net upon him, and he shall be taken in my snare, and I will bring him to Babylon, and will plead with him there for his trespass that he hath trespassed against me.
21. And all his fugitives with all his bands shall fall by the sword, and they that remain shall be scattered toward all winds; and ye shall know that I the LORD have spoken it.
22. Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent;
23. In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it; and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar; and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.
24. And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish; I the LORD have spoken and have done it.
KEY VERSE: “Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As I live, surely mine oath that he hath despised, and my covenant that he hath broken, even it will I recompense upon his own head.” – (Ezekiel 17:19)
DCLM Daily Manna 13th June 2022 | Monday Devotional Message:
The Old Testament contains many stories showing the link between religion and national life. In His dealings with the nation of Israel, God related with them from the perspective of a thoughtful Father. And as in every good family, relationships demand completion of tasks and keeping true to promises and covenants.
King Zedekiah in our text did not keep the agreement he made with Nebuchadnezzar. Instead, he turned to Egypt for support thereby breaking faith with Nebuchadnezzar. God instructed Ezekiel to inform Zedekiah the implication of his treachery. God was not happy that he broke the covenant and He threatened Zedekiah with the utter destruction of his kingdom.
God made Israel to understand that every covenant made between individuals is sacred. Oaths and covenants made with men are divine things, and are not to be slighted. God sees the oath made as divine. “Mine oath that he hath despised, and my covenant that he hath broken” (Ezekiel 17:19). Although it was made with a heathen king, God owns it, because His sacred name was used in it. He judges violation of covenant regardless of the parties involved.
Today, many people, especially unbelievers, break covenants and they think God will not hold them responsible. Whether in marriage, business, etc., God expects us to always stand by our commitments. We should be people whose words can be trusted at all times.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Keep your promises.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 22-25
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 13th June 2022 | Monday Devotional
- June 10, 2022 Bible Verse For Friday || A Wise Man
- Daily Guide 10th June 2022 | Scripture Union
- Daily Mass Readings Friday, 10th June 2022
- Our Daily Bread 10 June 2022 ODB Friday || Time Enough
- Encouragement For Today 9 June 2022 | Surrendering Isn’t the same As Giving Up
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE